How to Become an Advertising Executive(0 courses)
Thanks for your enquiry
Definition of Advertising Executive
Advertising Executives serve as the liaison between their agency or department and itâ€™s clients, working to understand and appreciate the clientâ€™s business and their marketing objectives, while ensuring satisfaction with the results.
An Advertising Executive will spend time negotiating with potential clients, presenting ideas, closing sales deals and buying and selling advertising space across many mediums such as newspapers, websites, television and radio broadcasts.
While they donâ€™t typically write, Advertising Executives are often responsible for deciding the core message of a campaign and are involved in all aspects of advertising, from marketing and research to sales and account management.
An Advertising Executive analyses data gleaned from market research in order to determine the best approach to an advertising campaign and represents the clientâ€™s voice, providing clear direction to the marketing and advertising teams in order to meet the specific needs and objectives of each client.
What are the responsibilities of an Advertising Executive ?
- Developing sales leads and attracting potential clients.
- Managing client accounts and working to understand the specific marketing needs of each.
- Utilising market research to identify market opportunities and determine best advertising approach.
- Negotiating sales deals and campaign strategies with existing and potential clients.
- Presentation of ideas and strategies to clients.
- Buying and selling advertising space across many platforms such as print, TV, radio and online.
- Coordinating execution of advertising campaigns and liaising with clients to ensure satisfaction.
Career Outlook for Advertising Executive
The average age of people working as is 34 with 39.60% of them being male. 77.60% of are employed full-time and they typically work around 40 hours per week.
Unemployment is average and, with A Bachelor Degree or higher, the average Community Worker can earn around $1,346 per week Before Tax. In 2015 there were 55,000 working and the future growth of the profession is predicted to be strong, with numbers around 63,600 in 2020.