How to Become an Advertising or Marketing Professional(4 courses)
What do I need to study to become an Advertising or Marketing Professional?
Turn your problem-solving skills into a rewarding career in business leadership with this Bachelor of Business (Advanced Business Leadership) course from Western Sydney University.View course information
Build strong skills for a stand-out career in business while setting yourself up for a future in teaching with this Bachelor of Business (Pathway to Teaching Secondary) course from Western Sydney University.View course information
Academy Xi's Service Design course is for students who wish to understand, refine and create services, and deliver thoughtful brand experiences within startups or existing companies.View course information
This Service Design accelerated course packs essential service design tools and techniques, as well as real-world problem-solving experience, into one week.View course information
Displaying 4 of 4 courses
Thanks for your enquiry
Definition of Advertising or Marketing Professional
Advertising or Marketing Professionals are tasked with the development and coordination of advertising strategies and campaigns while also supporting business growth through the execution of marketing objectives.
They will also be involved in identifying and developing market opportunities for new and existing goods and services.
Determining the market needs of an organisation, assisting in the generation, implementation and maintenance of market plans as well as promotions, pricing, product development and advertising strategies are also key aspects of an Advertising or Marketing Professionalâ€™s responsibilities.
An organisationâ€™s public image is also within the purview of the Advertising or Marketing Professional role and, as such, they are involved in planning and organising publicity campaigns, undertaking or commissioning public opinion research and predicting current and future consumer trends.
What are the responsibilities of an Advertising or Marketing Professional ?
- Planning, developing and implementing advertising and marketing campaigns and policies.
- Analysing data to identify and predict current and future consumer trends.
- Collecting and interpreting data and statistics in order to determine demand and market opportunities for new goods and services.
- Preparing and executing marketing objectives to support business growth and development.
- Advising on strategies and campaigns designed to reach specific target markets, increase consumer awareness and promote key aspects of goods and services.
- Undertaking and commissioning public opinion research in order to plan and implement public relations and publicity campaigns.
- Supervising production of marketing and advertising materials such as artwork, TV production, copywriting and media placement on time and within budget constraints.
Career Outlook for Advertising or Marketing Professional
The average age of people working as is 34 with 39.60% of them being male. 77.60% of are employed full-time and they typically work around 40 hours per week.
Unemployment is average and, with A Bachelor Degree or higher, the average Community Worker can earn around $1,346 per week Before Tax. In 2015 there were 55,000 working and the future growth of the profession is predicted to be strong, with numbers around 63,600 in 2020.