How to Become a Business Systems Analyst(1 courses)
What do I need to study to become a Business Systems Analyst?
Develop invaluable business leadership skills and benefit from unparalleled industry engagement with this online Master of Business Administration (Innovation and Leadership) course from the Torrens University.View course information
Displaying 1 of 1 courses
Thanks for your enquiry
Definition of Business Systems Analyst
A Business Systems Analyst is an IT professional who assesses and reviews the technological operations of a company or organisation. They liaise with managers and executives to determine the needs of the business and formulate solutions to enhance the functionality of technology systems used within it.
Carrying out audits of both software and hardware, the Business Systems Analyst develops proposals based on the requirements of the company. Identifying redundancies and areas of inefficiency they offer recommendations for improvements and upgrades, helping to design updated business applications and implement new software and technologies.
While they maintain familiarity with current programming languages, hardware platforms and operating systems, Business Systems Analysts are not typically directly involved in developing new software or hardware. They focus on the overall strategies, cost analyses, design, user experience and implementation timelines.
What are the responsibilities of a Business Systems Analyst ?
- Liaising with management and users to determine business requirements.
- Investigating and analysing existing business systems and technologies.
- Identifying and describing redundancies and areas of inefficiency.
- Creating and presenting proposals and strategies to optimise system functionality and business practices.
- Researching and recommending improvements to software and hardware.
- Developing project plans outlining time estimates, cost analyses and resource management.
- Overseeing implementation of solutions, system tests and software development.
- Producing user documentation and training programs as well as functional specifications for system developers.
Career Outlook for Business Systems Analyst
The average age of people working as is 42 with 74.90% of them being male. 91.60% of are employed full-time and they typically work around 38.4 hours per week.
Unemployment is average and, with A Bachelor Degree or higher, the average Community Worker can earn around $1,819 per week Before Tax. In 2015 there were 26,100 working and the future growth of the profession is predicted to be moderate, with numbers around 27,000 in 2020.