How to Become a Digital Marketing Manager(4 courses)
What do I need to study to become a Digital Marketing Manager?
Build in-demand skills for the digital world with this globally-certified Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP) course.View course information
Build sought-after skills for a new career in a growing digital industry with this self-paced, online digital marketing course from Academy Xi.View course information
Build in-demand skills for a growing creative industry with this industry-relevant Diploma of Social Media Marketing (10118NAT) course.View course information
Displaying 4 of 4 courses
Thanks for your enquiry
Definition of Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Managers are responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the online elements of an organisationâ€™s marketing strategy or campaign. They are instrumental in increasing brand awareness within the digital realm as well as driving website traffic.
Digital marketing is comprised of many components including generating online content, social media marketing, email and mobile marketing and of course SEO. The Digital Marketing Manager will be expected to supervise and execute a cohesive campaign across any or all of these while integrating with any offline aspects (print, TV, events etc) to ensure that all marketing materials are aligned and consistent with the organisationâ€™s objectives.
In addition, a Digital Marketing Manager is tasked with identifying and evaluating current digital technologies and using web analytics tools to measure site traffic and optimise online marketing campaigns.
What are the responsibilities of a Digital Marketing Manager ?
- Devising and implementing strategies to increase website traffic.
- Planning and managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Generating reports on marketing campaigns and website performance.
- Tracking conversion rates and optimising online presence for SEO as well as user experience (UX).
- Managing all aspects of online marketing operations, including designers and copywriters.
- Developing, enacting and evaluating A/B testing protocols and procedures.
- Overseeing social media strategy and online brand awareness.
- Researching and utilising current trends and technologies in digital marketing.
- Evaluating market conditions and competitor data.
Career Outlook for Digital Marketing Manager
The average age of people working as is 41 with 62.30% of them being male. 89.50% of are employed full-time and they typically work around 42.9 hours per week.
Unemployment is below average and, with A Bachelor Degree or higher, the average Community Worker can earn around $1,858 per week Before Tax. In 2015 there were 125,900 working and the future growth of the profession is predicted to be moderate, with numbers around 132,500 in 2020.