How to Become a Marketing Officer(3 courses)
What do I need to study to become a Marketing Officer?
Delivered by Ducere Global Business School in partnership with the Torrens University Australia, the Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing) connects marketing creativity with the innovation skills of the 21st century. If you want to harness your creative skills towards professional success, then this is the degree for you!View course information
Delivered by Dūcere Global Business School in partnership with Torrens University Australia, the Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship teaches the practical enterprise skills of the 21st century. If you want to know how new businesses and startups succeed and develop your own unique business idea as part of your degree, then this is the course for you!View course information
The Master of Professional Communication is a coursework degree designed for those who do not have a formal communications background but wish to expand their understanding of contemporary communications theory and practice.View course information
Displaying 3 of 3 courses
Thanks for your enquiry
Definition of Marketing Officer
Marketing Officers oversee the development and execution of marketing campaigns and strategies for their organisation, both internally and externally, and play a key role in communicating the marketing message. This can involve print publicity, online and email campaigns, event programmes, media communications and targeted campaigns.
Responsible for all marketing strategies and activities within the company, the Marketing Officer supervises the marketing department, providing direction and feedback on projects as well as making key decisions regarding product distribution, sales, branding and budgets.
The Marketing Officer will often report to a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) or Marketing Manager as well as working with other company officers to outline and maintain the overall direction and objectives of the marketing strategy.
What are the responsibilities of a Marketing Officer ?
- Preparing and managing the production and distribution of publicity materials.
- Developing and organising marketing and advertising campaigns to achieve sales objectives.
- Devising and arrange marketing activities including promotions, workshops and fundraising events.
- Implementing and analysing market research in order to target specific consumer groups.
- Writing, editing and proofreading material for use in different marketing channels.
- Overseeing and updating websites, databases and online presence
- Monitoring the success and impact of marketing campaigns and preparing reports
- Writing press releases and communicating with media outlets.
- Coordinating designers and other outside agencies to produce marketing material such as stationery, print media and television commercials.
Career Outlook for Marketing Officer
The average age of people working as is 34 with 39.60% of them being male. 77.60% of are employed full-time and they typically work around 40 hours per week.
Unemployment is average and, with A Bachelor Degree or higher, the average Community Worker can earn around $1,346 per week Before Tax. In 2015 there were 55,000 working and the future growth of the profession is predicted to be strong, with numbers around 63,600 in 2020.