How to Become a Personal Trainer(13 courses)
What do I need to study to become a Personal Trainer?
Launch your career as a personal trainer or fitness instructor with the skills gained in this Associate Degree of Sports Business from Australian College of Physical Education.View course information
This Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) provides targeted training for those wishing to enter the fitness industry or improve their professional skill set.View course information
Help people unlock good health and fitness with this combined Bachelor of Health Science (Health and Physical Education) course from Western Sydney University.View course information
Turn your love of sports into a professional career helping people thrive with this Bachelor of Health Science (Sport and Exercise Science) course from Western Sydney University.View course information
The Certificate III & IV in Fitness (SIS30315 & SIS40215) is an all-in-one package course that provides everything you need to start your career as a personal trainer.View course information
This online SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness course will qualify you to work as a registered personal trainer and set you up for a career in the fitness industry.View course information
Prepare to make your mark as a personal trainer and feel the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference to people’s lives with the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness from the Australian Fitness Academy.View course information
The SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness is the minimum educational requirement for becoming a personal trainer in Australia, incorporating the skills and knowledge you need to work in the fitness industry and/or run your own personal training business.View course information
Complete this online Complete Personal Trainer (SIS40215 + entry requiremtns) course and gain a nationally recognised qualification, and be guaranteed an employment contract with organisations such as by Goodlife, Genesis, Core24 or Club Lime.View course information
Ready to take the plunge and pursue fitness as a full-time career? This Diploma of Applied Fitness from Australian College of Physical Education gives you the tools to achieve your career goals.View course information
A Master of Exercise Science (Strength and Conditioning) from ECU will enhance your previous studies in exercise science, focusing on injury prevention, rehabilitation, and strength and conditioning.View course information
Join the fitness industry as a recognised PT with the Australian Fitness Academy's Personal Trainer Course bundle including a SIS30315 Certificate III and SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness.View course information
The PT Direct Pathway (SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness+ Prerequisite Units) is a fast-tracked course that bundles every unit you'll need to complete to become a qualified personal trainer in Australia.View course information
Displaying 13 of 13 courses
Thanks for your enquiry
What are the responsibilities of a Personal Trainer ?
- Assessing clients’ health and fitness level and identifying risk factors.
- Consulting with clients to determine their desired outcomes.
- Designing customised fitness programs and exercise routines to suit each individual’s abilities, lifestyle and goals.
- Demonstrating and providing instruction on movements, techniques and correct use of equipment used in fitness routines.
- Leading group exercises and personal tuition in a safe and engaging manner.
- Providing motivation, support and encouragement.
- Supplying information and liaising with health professionals to develop dietary and nutritional plans.
- Ensuring exercise equipment is safe, clean and properly set up.
- Implementing and upholding health and safety standards and injury prevention practices.
- Maintaining up-to-date first aid certificates.