How to Become a Personal Trainer(10 courses)
What do I need to study to become a Personal Trainer?
This SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness course will qualify you to work as a registered personal trainer and set you up for a career in the fitness industry. Blended study options available. View course information
Get a hands-on learning experience and help people achieve their fitness goals when you get qualified with a SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness with AIPT. View course information
Completing the Complete Personal Trainer (SIS40215 + entry requirements) via the Face-to-Face On-Campus delivery option will equip you with the skills to work with a number of fitness centres such as Goodlife Health Clubs, Genesis Fitness Clubs or Fitness First. View course information
This Bachelor of Health Science (Fitness) provides targeted training for those wishing to enter the fitness industry or improve their professional skill set. View course information
The SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness is a comprehensive entry-level course designed for those with no prior qualifications in fitness who wish to start a career in the industry. View course information
The Certificate III & IV in Fitness (SIS30315 & SIS40215) is an all-in-one package course that provides everything you need to start your career as a personal trainer. View course information
The SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness is the minimum educational requirement for becoming a personal trainer in Australia, incorporating the skills and knowledge you need to work in the fitness industry and/or run your own personal training business. View course information
The PT Direct Pathway (SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness and Prerequisite Units) is a fast-tracked course that bundles every unit you'll need to complete to become a qualified personal trainer in Australia. View course information
The Complete Personal Trainer (SIS40215) and Diploma of Business (BSB50215) from the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a dual qualification that equips students with the necessary fitness training and business skills to start their own personal training business. View course information
This holistic SIS40215/10967NAT Complete Personal Trainer Program and Diploma of Nutrition qualification package from the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a great way to start a successful career in personal health and fitness. View course information
Displaying 10 of 10 courses
What are the responsibilities of a Personal Trainer ?
- Assessing clients’ health and fitness level and identifying risk factors.
- Consulting with clients to determine their desired outcomes.
- Designing customised fitness programs and exercise routines to suit each individual’s abilities, lifestyle and goals.
- Demonstrating and providing instruction on movements, techniques and correct use of equipment used in fitness routines.
- Leading group exercises and personal tuition in a safe and engaging manner.
- Providing motivation, support and encouragement.
- Supplying information and liaising with health professionals to develop dietary and nutritional plans.
- Ensuring exercise equipment is safe, clean and properly set up.
- Implementing and upholding health and safety standards and injury prevention practices.
- Maintaining up-to-date first aid certificates.