How to Become a Team Leader(35 courses)
What do I need to study to become a Team Leader?
Displaying 21 of 35 courses
Thanks for your enquiry
Definition of Team Leader
There are Team Leaders in almost every industry, from sales and marketing to design and production and, as such, the specific roles and duties differ slightly from company to company but the key aspects remain the same across the board.
Team Leaders provide instruction, guidance and direction to a specific subset of a companyâ€™s employees - their team - for the purpose of achieving a target or particular outcome. They monitor and manage progress and results as well as learning every team memberâ€™s strengths and motivations in order to best utilise each individual under their supervision.
Usually reporting to a manager, the Team Leader serves as the conduit between management and their team while often also working within the team as a member. They are also responsible for conflict resolution, motivation and establishing collective unity or team spirit within the group.
What are the responsibilities of a Team Leader ?
- Developing strategies and processes to enable a team to meet goals and targets
- Providing training, support and guidance to team members
- Communicating progress and results to management as well as clear instructions to team members
- Resolving conflict within a team as well as managing members’ motivation.
- Monitoring team performance and managing day-to-day operations.
- Consulting with team members and management regarding methods of operation, targets and equipment requirements.
Career Outlook for Team Leader
The average age of people working as is 42 with 69.90% of them being male. 41.90% of are employed full-time and they typically work around 41.9 hours per week.
Unemployment is average and, with A Bachelor Degree or higher, the average Community Worker can earn around $1,375 per week Before Tax. In 2015 there were 46,100 working and the future growth of the profession is predicted to be strong, with numbers around 55,400 in 2020.