Selection Criteria Sample: Awareness Of Occupational Health & Safety Issues
The key to standing out when you apply for a job within the public sector is absolutely nailing your responses to the key selection criteria.
Regardless of what field, department or speciality you work in — being aware of and being capable of responding to OHS issues is an important skill.
Use this sample response below to address this particular selection criterion in your job application.
Selection criteria example: Awareness of occupational health & safety issues
My current workplace has a clear, defined and well-constructed OH&S policy framework. Each employee is responsible for the safety and wellbeing of themselves and others. All work is performed in accordance with the requirements of the health and safety policy and procedures.
I have undertaken regular training on all facets of safe work practices including manual handling, correct workstation set-up, risk and hazard identification and the reporting of all accidents or incidents.
The company conducts an OH&S self audit every three months. All team members share the responsibility of this audit. Any risks/hazards are identified and appropriately dealt with. In one instance I identified that the workstations of several employees were not compliant with a safe working environment. I arranged for a meeting with the OH&S consultant to advise on such issues. These workstations were adjusted to ensure optimum health and safety outcomes.
Applying for a government position and struggling with the job application? Get inspired by our sample responses to a range of selection criteria.
Popular Course Searches
- bachelor of liberal studies in sydney
- study correspondence bachelor of arts in internet communication
- australian catholic university courses correspondence
- bachelor of arts online australia
- deakin courses correspondence
- macquarie university bachelor of arts units by distance
- bachelor degree in liberal arts
- courses open universities australia
- acu courses australia
- bachelor of arts griffith university gold coast
- arts courses hecs help
- gov funded arts courses
- gov funded arts courses melbourne
- government funded arts courses vic
- arts courses financial assistance