Selection Criteria Sample: Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Products
If you're gunning for a government job, it's important you answer your criterion with a targeted and persuasive response.
Use the sample response as a guide to highlight your proficiency in Microsoft.
Selection criteria example: Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
I am extremely familiar with the Microsoft Office products as they have been a strong focus in my professional and personal life for over 10 years. A large part of my role as administrative assistant at Hill & Norton for the last three years was based around the use of the Microsoft Office suite, and my proficiency in each program was vital to my success in the role.
The majority of my work was conducted on a computer. I constantly updated the suite programs and I’m confident in my competency in each. My skills in utilising each on a daily basis are as follows:
• Microsoft Word to produce and manage documents, letters and reports. I have an exceptional typing speed of 80 words per minute.
• Microsoft Excel to enter data, create formulas, pivot tables, and manage budgets and expenses.
• Microsoft Access to set up two large databases and regularly create tables, queries and reports.
• Microsoft Outlook account to read and organise emails, my calendar and to access the calendars of over 40 staff.
• Microsoft PowerPoint to prepare sophisticated and engaging presentations for internal and offsite meetings.
My skills in using the Microsoft Office applications are well developed and I am very familiar with how to utilise a range of products. I’m confident that my proficiency across the Microsoft suite will assistant in boosting efficiency, productivity and accuracy.
Applying for a government position and struggling with the job application? Get inspired by our sample responses to a range of selection criteria.
Popular Course Searches
- bachelor of liberal studies in sydney
- study correspondence bachelor of arts in internet communication
- australian catholic university courses correspondence
- bachelor of arts online australia
- deakin courses correspondence
- macquarie university bachelor of arts units by distance
- bachelor degree in liberal arts
- courses open universities australia
- acu courses australia
- bachelor of arts griffith university gold coast
- arts courses hecs help
- gov funded arts courses
- gov funded arts courses melbourne
- government funded arts courses vic
- arts courses financial assistance