This Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215) can be the springboard to help you advance further in your professional accounting career, equipping you with the skills and knowledge required to pursue more senior roles in the accounting sector.
This course has been also been approved by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) as a direct pathway to becoming a registered tax agent.
The course covers a range of essential topics, including processing financial transactions, providing management accounting and financial accounting information, preparing tax documentation for both individuals and legal entities, using financial statistics and tools, and applying legal principles related to consumer and contract law, corporations and trust law, and property law.
This course has also been approved by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) as a direct pathway to becoming a registered tax agent, subject to you meeting additional registration requirements.
Curious about a career in accounting? Find out what the industry has to offer
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; anyone can apply!
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
What You’ll Learn
In this accounting course, the units of competency you may study include:
- FNSINC601 – Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- FNSINC602 – Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- FNSACC604 – Monitor corporate governance activities
- FNSACC301 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC506 – Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC507 - Provide management accounting information
- FNSACC501 – Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC502 – Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC601 – Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities
- FNSACC603 – Implement tax plans and evaluate tax obligations
- FNSTPB503 – Apply legal principles in consumer and contract law
- FNSTPB504 – Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law
- FNSTPB505 – Apply legal principles in property law
Why study with Monarch Institute?
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus on practical application. Courses are designed by industry experts who use real-life case studies to illustrate abstract concepts and give students the skills to succeed in the real world. The institute regularly consults with accounting, bookkeeping, financial planning and business industry practitioners to ensure that course materials reflect industry needs. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, Monarch Institute will support your learning journey by helping you gain valuable industry insights to enhance your employability.
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.