Mentor Education’s nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60217) caters to individuals currently working in bookkeeping or accounting roles who are seeking a formal qualification to boost and confirm their existing knowledge and skills. This qualification is ideal for those seeking the knowledge to interpret financial statistics, comply with financial services regulations and industry codes of practice, evaluate business performance, prepare tax documents and provide management accounting information.
You’ll learn about preparation of financial reporting, monitoring of corporate governance activities, management accounting and preparation of tax documentation.
The Advanced Diploma of Accounting also contains units of competency included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved Australian Taxation and Commercial Law courses.
For entry into this course, individuals must have completed either:
FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting; OR
FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting; OR
Both the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set and the FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set.
In order for you to successfully complete this qualification, it is recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, MYOB installed on their computer, Microsoft Excel installed on their computer, access to a reliable high quality internet connection and literacy/numeracy skills.
Versions of MYOB are available for both Windows-based computers and Mac-based computers, however - it is recommended that students have access to a Windows-based computer and Microsoft Excel, making it easier to follow the Windows-based examples and instructions.
What You’ll Learn
- Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- Monitor corporate governance activities
- FNSACC301 - Process financial transactions and extract interim reports #
- BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports #
- FNSACC506 - Implement and maintain internal control procedures #
- FNSACC507 - Provide management accounting information #
- FNSACC501 - Provide financial and business performance information #
- FNSACC502 - Prepare Tax Documentation for Individuals # *
- FNSACC601 - Prepare & administer tax documentation for legal entities *
- FNSACC603 - Implement tax plans and evaluate tax obligations *
- FNSTPB503 - Apply legal principles in consumer and contract law **
- FNSTPB504 - Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law **
- FNSTPB505 - Apply legal principles in property law **
* Units included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Australian Taxation Law:
** Units included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Commercial Law:
# Common Units of Competency with Mentor’s Diploma in Accounting FNS50215
Why study with Mentor Education?
Mentor Education is one of Australia’s leading RG146 compliance training providers for the financial services industry. By specialising exclusively in this field of training, Mentor is able to focus on delivering professional development courses of the highest quality. Thanks to their flexible delivery options, you can complete a nationally recognised qualification in financial planning entirely online, and without disrupting your career. Take advantage of Mentor Education’s long-standing industry reputation and commitment to ongoing professional development by enquiring about a course today.
As a student of Mentor Education, you’ll receive access to an experienced financial adviser Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm by telephone and email, so you’re always assured of timely feedback and assistance.
Students of this program will also benefit from complementary inclusion of Mentor Education’s Career Pathway Program. This comprehensive suite of career-building tools includes a 12-month professional development subscription, association membership and regular updates on industry news and events.