Want to get your start in the financial services sector? This Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) from The National Finance Institute (NFI) gives you the skills you need to begin your career in accounting and bookkeeping with confidence.
You’ll learn everything you need to know to fulfil your duties as a bookkeeper. This course familiarises you with how to complete essential tasks, which includes preparing financial reports, processing transactions, extracting interim reports, operating a computerised accounting system, maintaining payroll system and more.
Study when it suits you! This course is offered for online or distance study, allowing you to work through the units in your own time and maintain your own schedule. It’s never been easy to fit gaining a new qualification into your work/life balance, so why wait to get a start on achieving your career goals.
You do not require any prior experience or prior qualifications to begin this course. Students must have access to a computer and the internet and have an email address. Students should also be familiar with how to save, create and edit Microsoft Office documents.
What You’ll Learn
In this accounting course, subjects you may study include:
- BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
- BSBSMB412 - Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSACC311 - Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 - Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 - Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 - Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 - Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 - Establish and maintain payroll systems
- BSBCUS301 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBCUS403 - Implement customer service standards
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU402 - Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB402 - Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWRT301 - Write simple documents
- FNSACC313 - Perform financial calculations
- FNSACC405 - Maintain inventory records
- FNSACC407 - Produce job costing information
- FNSACC411 - Process business tax requirements
- FNSACC412 - Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC413 - Make decisions in a legal context
- FNSACC414 - Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACM401 - Evaluate and authorise payment requests
Why study with The National Finance Institute?
If you’ve got a good head for numbers and want to excel your career in finance then turn to one of Australia’s leading providers in bookkeeping, accounting, financial services, management and more… We’re talking about The National Finance Institute of course!
Their range of accredited and nationally recognised certificates and diplomas will give you the right training that your industry demands! Since 2005, the National Finance Institute has been equipping students with the skills, knowledge and confidence to propel their career – are you next?
You can’t buy experience and experience is exactly what the team at The National Finance Institute (NFI) offer! NFI has selected a team of trainers who have the knowledge and commitment to ensure each student thrives throughout their studies and is supported every step of the way. From planning out your career goals to preparing for assessments, you’ll get the right support that’ll put you on the path to success.