Study this Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) to validate your bookkeeping skills or kick-start your career in accounting.
Delivered online by Mentor Education, this diploma course is the educational requirement for anyone looking to progress further in their accounting career
During this course, you will gain a broad understanding of bookkeeping and accounting processes, including providing financial and business performance information, preparation tax documentation for individual and preparing and administering tax documentation for legal entities.
Completion of the following six units, or their equivalent, which constitute the requirements for the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
OR Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent
OR Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
In order for you to successfully complete this qualification, it is recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, MYOB installed on their computer, Microsoft Excel installed on their computer, access to a reliable high-quality internet connection and literacy/numeracy skills.
Versions of MYOB are available for both Windows-based computers and Mac-based computers, however - it is recommended that students have access to a Windows-based computer and Microsoft Excel, making it easier to follow the Windows-based examples and instructions
What You’ll Learn
- Provide financial and business performance information
- Prepare tax documentation for individuals1
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Prepare financial reports for corporate entities*
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- Provide management accounting information
- Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities*1
- Apply legal principles in consumer and contract law2
- Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law2
- Apply legal principles in property law2
1 Unit included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Australian taxation law: FNSSS00008 Taxation Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax documentation).
2Unit included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in commercial law: FNSSS00005 Commercial Law for Tax Agents Skill Set.
* Prerequisite units of competency - Unit(s) of competency are not to be commenced until their prerequisite(s) has been completed and the student is deemed competent.
Why study with Mentor Education?
Mentor Education is one of Australia’s leading RG146 compliance training providers for the financial services industry. By specialising exclusively in this field of training, Mentor is able to focus on delivering professional development courses of the highest quality. Thanks to their flexible delivery options, you can complete a nationally recognised qualification in financial planning entirely online, and without disrupting your career. Take advantage of Mentor Education’s long-standing industry reputation and commitment to ongoing professional development by enquiring about a course today.
As a student of Mentor Education, you’ll receive access to an experienced financial adviser Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm by telephone and email, so you’re always assured of timely feedback and assistance.
Students of this program will also benefit from complementary inclusion of Mentor Education’s Career Pathway Program. This comprehensive suite of career-building tools includes a 12-month professional development subscription, association membership and regular updates on industry news and events.