Take the first step in a rewarding professional career working hands-on to help people thrive with this Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) course from Hammond Institute.
Designed for students seeking to start a career in the dynamic and rewarding field of aged care, this practical, skills-focused course will equip you with the foundation skills, experience and knowledge required to work in the aged care sector. In just one year of full-time study, you’ll develop solid skills in individual support and care, grounded in a strong theoretical foundation of the legal, social and environmental requirements of support work.
You’ll learn how to design and implement a tailored support program that sees older people living dignified, supported lives, and will have the opportunity through 120 hours of hands-on work experience to hone your practical skills. You’ll complete this course with the experience and confidence required to dive immediately into work in the challenging and rewarding aged care sector.
If you enjoy working with people, like every day to be different and care about seeing people thrive, a career in aged care support is for you. It starts with this course.
To be eligible to study this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be aged over 17 years; AND
- Have undertaken a pre-training review.
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into this course. Students may enrol directly in this course without completing lower ranked qualifications.
Students will also be required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test with scores of 3 in learning, reading, writing, oral communication and 2 in numeracy is desirable to participate in this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this aged care course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCADV001 – Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 – Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 – Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 – Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 – Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 – Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE002 – Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCCCS007 – Develop and implement service programs
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
Why study with Hammond Institute?
If you want to arm yourself with a qualification that can make a real difference in your community and is widely recognised, then look no further than Hammond Institute. They’re all about equipping you with the right skills, knowledge and confidence to be workplace ready, with custom-designed courses in community services, childhood education and care, and more.
Be led by trainers who are at the top of their game, and are genuinely interested in your success. Having delivered a quality training experience since 2001, you can trust Hammond Institute to help you achieve your educational goals!
Hammond Institute prides themselves on offering their students a supportive and positive study experience. To abide by their motto of “Where the student comes first”, Hammond has put in place a team of trainers and assessors to assist with questions, concerns and offer study tips, available to students 24/7.