The Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Practical placement of 120 hours is required which All Health Training will organise on students’ behalf. Practical placement may be commenced after week 8 of the course and must be completed within 1 month after the course conclusion. Students will be required to wear an All Health Training polo shirt and name badge (both provided) on placement. In addition, long black pants & black closed in, non-slip shoes will be required which students will either need to provide or purchase at their own cost.
If a participant is currently working in the aged care sector you would be required to demonstrate working in the role for 120 hours. This can be done via payslips or a letter from your workplace that we can verify.
Students must meet the following entry requirements:
- This is an open entry program of study with participants needing to read, write and communicate in English to a level to perform the job. Students will be required to complete a LLN evaluation to determine suitability.
- Students must be over 18 years of age to conduct practical placement.
- Police checks are required prior to commencing practical placement which we will organise on our students’ behalf. If a student has a Disclosable Court Outcome registered against their name, we are unable to assist with placement as industry will not accept students without a clear record. This requirement is not negotiable. Please note, in Victoria this includes any offence that may have occurred up to 10 years ago and will show offences that state they are "without conviction".
- Students are required to obtain a volunteer Working with Children’s check (WWC) to commence placement.
- Students are required to be able to access a computer which will allow use of a USB.
- Students are strongly encouraged to obtain the flu vaccine for aged care workers.
What You’ll Learn
In this ageing support course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 - Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 - Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 - Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- HLTHPS006 - Assist clients with medication
Why study with All Health Training?
Start on your path to a rewarding new career when you study with All Health Training! Their simulated learning environment will give you the hands-on training you need to build your skills and confidence in aged care, allied health services, disability care and more.
Graduate with a nationally recognised, industry relevant qualification and get closer to pursuing a career that makes a real difference to you and your community.
Get the hands-on training you need to succeed when you study with All Health Training! See their range of courses
All Health Training is equipped with an experienced team of assessors and trainers who are available to guide and support you throughout your studies. They’ll also provide students with a dedicated Student Support Officer at no additional fee to help ensure you get any care you need.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Victoria: Blackburn