The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance(HLT33015) reflects the role of workers of allied health assistants who provide assistance to allied health professionals under predetermined guidelines. Depending on the setting, work may include following treatment plans for therapeutic interventions and/or conducting programs under the regular direct, indirect or remote supervision of an allied health professional.
Practical placement of 120 hours is required which All Health Training will organise on our students behalf.
The hours of work required within the hospitals/rehabilitation or aged care facilities is usually in two shifts, the morning shift is from 7:00am – 3:00pm which is the preferred shift for our students to attend; the afternoon shift being 3:00pm – 9:30-10pm. Weekend work is very difficult to organise. Facilities have advised that they prefer students to be available for at least a 3 – 5 day block initially and as such, All Health Training suggests if you are already working you consider discussing and organising work and/or family care arrangements prior to undertaking practical placement to enable you to undertake these duties during the week.
Practical placement may be commenced during the course and must be completed within 1 month after the course conclusion.
Students will be required to wear an All Health Training polo shirt and name badge (both provided) on placement. In addition, long black pants & black closed in, non-slip shoes will be required which students will either need to provide or purchase at their own cost.
Students must meet the following entry requirements:
- This is an open entry program of study with participants needing to read, write and communicate in English to a level to perform the job. Students will be required to complete a LLN evaluation to determine suitability.
- Students must be over 18 years of age to conduct practical placement.
- Police checks are required prior to commencing practical placement which we will organise on our students’ behalf. If a student has a Disclosable Court Outcome registered against their name, we are unable to assist with placement as industry will not accept students without a clear record. This requirement is not negotiable.
- Students are required to be able to access a computer which will allow use of a USB.
- Students must be able to provide evidence of immunisation protection against the following: Hepatitis B, Tuberculosis, Pertussis, Varicella, Diphtheria, Measles, Tetanus, Mumps and Rubella, in order to undertake practical work placement.
- Students are required to obtain an employee Working with Children’s check (WWC) to commence placement at their own cost
What You’ll Learn
In this allied health course, the subject you may study include:
- CHCCCS010 - Maintain high standard of service
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work effectively in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in work health and safety
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCAGE001 -Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS006 - Facilitate individual service planning and deliver
- CHCCCS020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
Why study with All Health Training?
Start on your path to a rewarding new career when you study with All Health Training! Their simulated learning environment will give you the hands-on training you need to build your skills and confidence in aged care, allied health services, disability care and more.
Graduate with a nationally recognised, industry relevant qualification and get closer to pursuing a career that makes a real difference to you and your community.
Get the hands-on training you need to succeed when you study with All Health Training! See their range of courses
All Health Training is equipped with an experienced team of assessors and trainers who are available to guide and support you throughout your studies. They’ll also provide students with a dedicated Student Support Officer at no additional fee to help ensure you get any care you need.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Victoria: Blackburn