Tell a story with your creative talents! The CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services) from TrainSmart Australia helps you cultivate advanced skills in hair and make-up for the stage and screen that let you bring characters to life.
Make-up artists have a critical role in the success of the film, television and theatre industries, transforming concepts into three-dimensional characters with the tricks of their trade. This course will teach you specialist make-up techniques for photographic, theatre, period, special effects, film, television and fashion, readying you for the wide variety of work you can expect in your professional life.
Learn everything you need to know to kickstart your career in the entertainment industry! The course covers everything from fashion make-up to styling wigs and hairpieces to using silicone and latex to create incredible custom special effects all while giving you practical experience working with people as your canvas.
If you’re serious about launching your career as a special-effects makeup artist, the industry knowledge and insights provided by TrainSmart’s highly experienced, award-winning trainers will give you the confidence and skills you need to get started in the entertainment industry.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australian year 12 Certificate; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV qualification (or above); OR
- Completion of the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
What You’ll Learn
In this make-up course, subjects you may study include:
- CUAPPR505 - Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- CUAMUP403 - Style hair for performances or productions
- CUAMUP401 - Design, apply and remove make-up
- SHBBMUP006 - Design and apply creative make-up
- SHBHDES005 - Select and apply hair extensions
- BSBCRT501 - Originate and develop concepts
- BSBCRT401 - Collaborate in a creative process
- CUAIND502 - Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge
- CUAPRP401 - Coordinate props
- CUAMUP402 - Maintain make-up and hair continuity
- CUAMUP404 - Style wigs and hairpieces for performances or productions
- BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
- SHBBMUP005 - Apply airbrushed make-up
- CUAMUP502 - Design and apply specialised make-up
- CUAMUP503 - Design and apply special make-up effects
Why study with TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Western Australia: Perth