A stimulating blend of science and beauty, this Diploma of Beauty Therapy (SHB50115) from TrainSmart Australia teaches you everything you need to know to get a headstart in your career as a qualified beauty therapist.
You’ll be taught skills to provide a wide range of treatments for the face and body. You’ll explore what makes therapies so successful and gain an understanding of the science behind the beauty treatments you perform. From facials and beauty makeovers to manicures, pedicures, spray tanning, lash and brow treatments, selling retail skin care, and hair removal – you’ll cover it all!
For those with an ambition to start their own business, this course provides invaluable insights into how to run a successful salon, including how to order products and manage staff. With hands-on experience in a simulated salon environment included in your training, you’ll exit the course ready to hit the ground running!
This course is offered online with workshops in WA, NSW and QLD.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australian year 12 Certificate; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV qualification (or above); OR
- Completion of the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
What You’ll Learn
In this beauty therapy course, subjects you may study include:
- SHBXWHS001 - Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBXIND001 - Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXCCS001 - Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 - Provide salon services to clients
- SHBBRES001 - Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBBNLS001 - Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBBOS005 - Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- SHBBNLS004 - Apply nail art
- SHBBINF001 - Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBFAS001 - Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBHRS001 - Provide waxing services
- SHBBCCS001 - Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBFAS002 - Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- SHBBSPA004 - Provide Indian head massages for relaxation
- SHBBCCS002 - Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments
- SHBBBOS002 - Provide body massages
- BSBSUS201 - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SHBBBOS004 - Provide aromatherapy massages
- SHBBBOS001 - Apply cosmetic tanning products
- SHBBSPA003 - Provide stone therapy massages
- SHBXIND002 - Communicate as part of a salon team
- SHBBMUP002 - Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP004 - Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBBOS003 - Provide body treatments
- SHBBFAS003 - Provide specialised facial treatments
Why study with TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: