The construction industry is on the rise! Upskill and learn to lead and manage major projects with the Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) from UniSA Online.
Across the four years, you’ll develop the technical and practical skills to manage large-scale commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. In your final year of studies, you may choose to specialise in two of three high-growth areas in construction project management, quantity surveying or building surveying, as well as conduct a research project in your area of interest under the supervision of highly experienced academics.
Experienced academics with strong industry connections will lead you every step of the way and teach you all about building technology, operations and safety, sustainable construction, and fire engineering. The in-depth course will also build your understanding of contract administration, development regulation, and project appraisal.
There’s no better time to join the booming building and construction industry. Study the Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) from UniSA Online and prepare to see your career in construction sore!
To be eligible to study this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider: OR
- Completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above; OR
- Passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience, or completed a UniSA Foundations Studies program or equivalent, or qualify for Special Entry; OR
- Completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 international qualification.
What You’ll Learn
In this construction management course, the subjects you may study include:
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning
- Introduction to Construction Management
- Construction Communication
- Construction 1
- Construction Materials
- Economics for Construction Professionals
- Structures 1
- Introduction to Contract Administration
- Construction Scheduling
- Construction 2
- Quantity Surveying Practice 1
- Contract Administration
- Structures 2
- Building Estimating
- Building Services
- Construction Cost Planning
- Development Regulation
- Sustainable Construction
- Project Appraisal
- Construction Environmental Science
- Construction Operations and Safety
- Fire Engineering
- Building Surveying
- Advanced Contract Administration
- Integrated Project
- Research Theory and Practice
- NBE Honours Research Project A & B
- 4 x Electives*
*Choose electives from two of three specialisations in quantity surveying, building surveying, or construction project management.
Why study with UniSA Online?
With a background spanning more than 25 years in online education, you can trust that you'll be getting a high-quality university experience when you Study On Demand with UniSA Online. Considered a leader in the field, UniSA has transformed online learning and is one of Australia's largest online education providers (2017 Department of Education). Select a 100% online course that has been created by academics and experts in online learning, who are focused on giving you the best start on your chosen career path. With all course content and assessments available online, you can Study On Demand, on your terms, on your schedule.
Studying with UniSA Online means you can Study On Demand. You'll gain around the clock personalised support to assist you on your learning journey. Technical issues? Nervous about a looming assessment? Gain on-demand access to their helpful and dedicated team.
Whether you need help with assignments, referencing, administrative or technical support, you’ll have on-demand access to the UniSA Online team who’ll be there to support you, every step of the way.
Students will have access to the UniSA Online ‘Study Help’ hub which is packed with loads of resources, workshops and support services. With online tutor support available seven days a week, you’ll be able to get help when you need it. If you’ve got a question related to your course, you can expect to receive a response in 24 hours. You’ll also be able to retrieve a range of resources through their virtual ‘Ask the Library’ service.
Gain full control over your study and gain a career focused qualification when you learn with UniSA Online!