Builders Academy Australia’s Building Leadership Program (CPC40110/CPC50210) sets you on the path to a challenging, rewarding career as a building professional.
The program encompasses both the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) CPC40110 and the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (CPC50210). Throughout these courses, you’ll learn how to plan, coordinate and complete residential, industrial and commercial building projects, gaining a wide range of skills and knowledge to set you on the path to a rewarding construction management career.
What’s more, by completing the program, you’ll gain direct entry into one of three Bachelor’s degrees at Victoria University. So if you want to give yourself a competitive advantage in the industry, this Building Leadership Program is where you should start.
This program is designed for people wanting to work towards and develop a career as a building professional and does not require any previous experience.
What You’ll Learn
In this building & construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBSMB406A - Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low
rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A - Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A - Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B - Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A - Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B - Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B - Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4020A - Build thermally efficient and sustainable structures
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBSMB404A - Undertake small business planning
- BSBOHS504B - Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBPMG505A - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A - Manage project risk
- CPCCBC4013A - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC5001B - Apply building codes and standards to the construction proceeds for
medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5002A - Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction
- CPCCBC5003A - Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction
- CPCCBC5010B - Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5018A - Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings
- BSBFIM501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMGT617 - Develop and implement a business plan
- CPCCBC5004A - Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and
- CPCCBC5007B - Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- CPCCBC5009A - Identify services layout and connection methods to medium rise
Why study with Builders Academy Australia?
When it comes to receiving a top-notch learning experience, look no further than the construction experts at Builders Academy Australia (BAA). With a reputation for ‘turning tradies into legends’, you can trust Builders Academy Australia to equip you with the right technical and theoretical skills to succeed on any job site.
Each of their nationally accredited courses in building and construction, plumbing and more, are led by qualified trainers who will share their real-world insights with you.
BAA is part of Simonds Homes, one of Australia’s largest homebuilders, which means that students will have the opportunity to develop strong ties with industry professionals and start building their dream career – literally!
Builders Academy Australia (BAA) is all about ensuring their students get a positive learning experience! BAA’s student welfare and support services include academic support, non-academic support and additional support to special needs students.
BAA has a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator part of their team, who will regularly touch base with each trainer to identify any students with special needs or may require welfare support.
After extra study support? Turn BAA’s friendly training managers, senior trainers or assessors who will guide you through your learning journey.