Aimed at building professionals who want to expand on their skills and knowledge, the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40110) from Foundation Training Australia is a great step towards obtaining a Builder’s Licence or Builder’s Registration.
You’ll learn management skills for the construction industry, including environmental management practices; safety and risk management; managing projects; building codes and standards; contracts and legal obligations; estimating and monitoring costs; and structural principals.
With flexible delivery options, it’s now easier than ever to take your future into your hands and skill up. Enrol today and watch your career goals take shape!
How You Can Study
RPL: Got industry experience? Your on-the-job experience counts! Use this to fast-track your course. Eligibility criteria apply (3-6 months)
Onsite Training: Take the focus off the tools turn your attention to building practical skills with onsite training
Workbook: Not as sharp on the computer as you are on the tools? Not sweat it, FTA has you covered with their workbook study mode (12-24 months)
To take advantage of these study options, students are required to be currently working in the industry.
There are no formal prerequisites for entry to this course, however, students are required to already be working in the industry.
What You’ll Learn
In this building and construction course, subjects you may study include:
- BSBSMB406A - Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A - Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for build ing and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A - Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B - Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A - Plan build ing or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B - Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B - Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- BSBPMG522 - Undertake project work
- CPCCBC4024A - Resolve business disputes
- BSBLDR403 - Promote team effectiveness
Why study with Foundation Training Australia?
With recognised courses in building and construction, business, accounting, management, WHS and more, Foundation Training Australia doesn’t miss a beat when it comes to equipping you with the confidence and competence to succeed in your field!
Their mission is to “enrich lives through education”, which is why they’ve brought on board a team of passionate and skilled trainers to guide students along every step of their learning journey. These guys aren’t your everyday thinkers, they want to make an impact, they’re authentic and are committed to equipping you with the right skills that’ll bring you success in the workforce.
“We believe people should be able to learn in inspiring and innovative ways, allowing them to enjoy a limitless and enriching educational experience.” - FTA
Foundation Training Australia prides themselves on a “no BS approach!” They pay attention to “stuff that matters” and are focussed on seeing students grow and succeed.
Upon enrolling, students will be connected with a dedicated learning engagement officer who will be on hand to answer any questions. Students will also have open access to FTA’s trainers, who each come equipped with years of industry experience. You’ll get unparalleled access to their abundance of knowledge, ask any questions and understand every step of your qualification, from start to finish.