Learn the ins and outs of project management on a construction site with the Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (WA Only) (CPC50210) from Open Colleges! This online course has been designed to meet the licensing requirements for Western Australia.
So, what will you learn you ask? Log on and be led through all you need to know about how to project manage a site, including how to successfully plan, coordinate, execute and finalise the construction of medium-rise buildings. Get the skills and understanding to produce cost estimates; prepare contracts and evaluate project tenders; manage subcontractors; apply building codes and standards to job sites, and much more.
You not only graduate with a premier learning experience but also a qualification that is recognised Australia-wide.
To be eligible for this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of English to atleast a Year 10 level; AND
- Be aged atleast 18 years old; AND
- A reasonable level of fitness.
There are no formal education requirements for this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this building and construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC5001B - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC4014A - Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4018A - Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5007B - Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- CPCCBC4005A - Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4013A - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- BSBPMG505A - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A - Manage project risk
- CPCCBC5005A - Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5002A - Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5003A - Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- CPCCBC5010B - Manage construction work
Why study with Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. Most courses are delivered online or via blended learning, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.