Civil Construction Experienced Supervisors, Estimators, Foreman, Project Managers, Managers… If you have experience in one of these roles, studying this online (RII50415) Diploma of Civil Construction Management & (BSB51918) Diploma of Leadership and Management course from Global Training Institute is for you.
Designed for students seeking to formalise their practical construction experience with an academic qualification, this nationally recognised course provides practical strategies for civil construction professionals to develop big-picture strategic management capabilities and advance their careers.
This course will train you to implement policies and procedures in a civil and construction setting, including workplace health and safety policies, risk management, quality assurance and budgeting. You’ll learn how to plan, cost and implement civil construction jobs, and graduate with a qualification that will reflect your years of work experience and technical expertise.
With flexible online learning, on-call learning coaches and project-based assignments, this qualification is designed to fit with your lifestyle. Regular phone calls with your own personal study coach and an in-built career planning session help keep you focused and on track while you study.
If you’re looking to advance your career in construction and want to move into a management role, this relevant, nationally recognised qualification is your next career step.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Age: 21 Years or over
- Year 12 pass; OR
- Diploma and 2+ Years relevant Industry Experience; OR
- Proof of skills – provide a current resume or 2 Referees to testify to your ability to complete the course
Language Literacy, Numeracy:
- Proof of Yr12/Senior Certificate or Pass an approved LLN Test; AND
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Employment Entry Requirements:
- Currently employed in the civil construction industry. In-between Jobs – considered on an individual basis; AND
- 3+ years of experience in managing and civil construction; AND
- Have experience in leading civil projects in roles like Superintendent, Project Manager, Engineer; AND
- Have access to a workplace where you are able to create or review management systems – civil construction plans, environment, risk, quality
Students are required to have access to the internet and a computer in order to access their materials online
What You’ll Learn
In this building and construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- RIICWM501D – Implement civil construction plan
- RIIENV501D – Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIQUA501D – Implement, monitor and develop quality management plans
- RIIRIS501D – Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWHS501 – Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
- BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets & financial plans
- BSBMGT516 – Facilitate continuous improvement
- LGACOM401A – Administer contracts
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
- BSBADM502 – Manage meetings
- BSBLDR501 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
Why study with Global Training Institute?
From civil construction management to project management, business, leadership, human resources or more - the Global Training Institute (GTI) has been qualifying countless students in it all!
For over 10 years, GTI has been trusted to give students the valuable skills and recognition to climb up the ladder and into management positions.
Here, you’re not just another number or students, you’ll be well supported every step of the way by your own Trainer and Completion Coach. Plus, there are no essays or exams and all your training can be done online to fit around your busy schedule.
GTI is proud to offer courses that are practical, easy to navigate and that offer a high level of support. Throughout your learning journey you’ll get access to a Trainer and Completion Coach, who will work with you from day one right to graduation – students are even able to have unlimited phone sessions for support or to address any course questions.