The Bachelor of Applied Business (Marketing Major), from La Trobe University, equips students with the foundation of business knowledge and key marketing skills needed for careers in the business world.
Throughout the first year of the course, students undertake a range of core business subjects, covering everything from accounting and finance fundamentals to sustainability in business. In the second and third years, students choosing the Marketing major will undertake specialised units of study in their discipline, from digital branding and social marketing to consumer behaviour and innovation in business.
As well as problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills, students will gain a strong foundation of leadership and entrepreneurial skills to prepare them for a range of careers in the modern digital workforce.
Studying with La Trobe University
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25; OR
- An equivalent academic level achievement; OR
- At least 2 years of work experience, after leaving school; AND
- All students are required to undergo the online Didasko Literacy and Numeracy Assessment and achieve a pass mark of 60%.
What You’ll Learn
In this marketing course, the subjects you may study include:
- BUS1OPX - Office Professional
- BUS1STX - Sustainability Practices
- BUS1BFX - Business Fundamentals
- BUS1AFX - Accounting and Finance Fundamentals
- MKT1MDX - Marketing: Stand & Deliver
- MGT1OBX - Working with Others
- MKT1ADX - Advertising in Digital Age
- CSE1ITX - IT Fundamentals
- BUS2QCX - Quality Customer Service
- BUS2PMX - Project Management
- MGT1FOX - Foundations of Management
- BUS2WDX - Workplace Diversity
- MKT2MRX - Market, Audience & Social Research
- MKT2BBX - Digital Branding & Retailing
- BUS1ABX - Analysing Business Data
- BUS2BIX - Business Innovation
- LST2BSX - Introduction to Business Law & Ethics
- BUS1BUX - Investigating Economic Issues
- MGT2IMX - Managing Across Borders
- MKT2CBX - Consumer Behaviour
- BUS3DBX - Digital Business
- BUS3ENX - Entrepreneurship
- MGT3SLX - Leadership
- MKT3IMX - International Marketing
- MKT3SOX - Social Marketing
- MKT3SMX - Strategic Marketing
- MGT3OCX - Organisational Change & Development
- MGT3SMX - Strategic Management
Why study with La Trobe University Online (Delivered by Didasko)?
La Trobe University and Didasko have partnered to bring you the most respected online qualifications in Australia.
Graduate with an applied degree in IT and join over 35,000 students who have been taught by some of the best, or opt to undertake an applied degree in business and gain a variety of new skills that you can apply just about anywhere.
Whatever you study, La Trobe-Didasko is committed to offering students an engaging, flexible and practical learning experience with their 100% online curriculum. This means you can enjoy the ease of studying at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
Studying with La Trobe means you’ll have access to support staff and academic teams who will not only guide you through your studies, but also help you get job-ready.
You’ve got the qualification, now what? Their Career Support Centre will help you conquer your career goals and land your dream job... they’ll even help you prepare a standout CV and cover letter!