You like working with technology and want a job that helps solve problems. Take your first career step with this Bachelor of Business Analytics course from Deakin University.
Designed for people seeking to start a career working with data, information and technology, this qualification provides the foundation knowledge, skills and experience required to thrive in this exciting and dynamic profession. Business analytics – the use of technology to analyse, present and support decision-making from ‘big data’ – is a crucial and growing field for contemporary business problem-solving and strategic planning.
This qualification will give you the skills to analyse data and information systems, identify problems and plan solutions, and use innovative approaches in business analysis. With a particular emphasis on constructive problem-solving, this qualification will help you critically evaluate business needs and apply analytics software and approaches to solving complex, real-world problems.
If you like technology, have a good head for numbers and want to help solve problems and made decisions, a career in business analytics is for you. It starts with this degree.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a senior secondary certificate of education with pre-requisite units 3 and 4, a study score of at least 25 in English as an additional language (EAL) or 20 in English other than EAL, and meet the published Australian Tertiary Entrance Rank for the year of admission; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV in a related discipline; OR
- Hold a diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a diploma in a related discipline; OR
- Have successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units; OR
- Demonstrate other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience.
English language proficiently requirements also apply.
What You’ll Learn
In this business analytics course, the subjects you may study include:
- Academic introduction for the Bachelor of Business Analytics
- Academic integrity
- Business analytics
- Data science concepts
- Business requirements analysis
- Managing data and information
- Information security, governance and the Cloud
- Professional ethics in the digital age
- Business intelligence and data warehousing
- Predictive analytics
- Decision analytics
- Social media analytics and data driven innovation
- Strategic supply chain management
- Marketing analytics
- Project management
- Applied business project
- Artificial intelligence for business
Plus one of the following:
- Community-based volunteering
- Team projects
- Work-based learning
- Team internship
- Business internship
Why study with Deakin University?
Established in 1974 as Australia’s first regional university in Victoria, Deakin University has consistently raised the bar in delivering quality tertiary education with a focus on excellent teaching and research.
The multi-award winning education provider teaches over 53,000 students a year, offering renowned courses that integrate real-world expertise and practical skills. Get recognised with Deakin in a range of industries, including nutrition, sports management, property management, law, business and more. Plus, they’ve have ranked in the top 2% by the acclaimed Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
As a student of Deakin, you’ll get support every step of the way along your learning journey!
They’ve got a range of on-campus facilities and online features to help ease the pressure of study, including on-campus childcare services, a medical centre with qualified nurses and doctors, free and confidential counselling (face-to-face or via phone) and more.
Deakin also offer advisers and resources to help develop your academic skills. Advisers are available on campus and online to help guide you in your research, assignment and study practices.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Victoria: Melbourne Burwood