Be part of the big and exciting world of public relations when you undertake the APM College of Business and Communication Bachelor of Business (Communication and Public Relations).
Enjoy flexible online learning or an on-campus experience in Sydney or Brisbane and give your skills a real boost! Combining business principles with public relations, you will learn how to utilise communications strategies to gain maximum impact and keep your business’s reputation in tact. Through this course, you’ll cover strategic management, relationship management and crisis management; as well as gain an understanding around consumer behaviour, corporate responsibility, communications, law in business, marketing and advertising.
The opportunities upon successful completion are vast and will provide the right knowledge to help you succeed.
Practical work placement
This course offers you the chance to take your learning out of the classroom and into the workplace. All students must complete a compulsory work placement of at least 520 hours in an approved workplace environment.
Workload and assessment
In order to succeed in your studies, each subject in this course requires a minimum of 10 study hours per week. You will be required to submit written assignments and sit exams.
Study a Bachelor of Business (Communication and Public Relations)
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have completed Year 12, or equivalent, with a minimum ATAR of 60/ OP 17 OR
- Demonstrated ability to undertake study at this level
All students are also required to demonstrate sufficient competency in English.
What You’ll Learn
In this course, the subjects you may study include:
- Business Communications
- Understanding People and Organisations
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Customer Experience Management
- Accounting For Decision Making
- The Business Environment
- Organisational Creativity and Innovation
- Ethics and Sustainability
- Understanding Public Relations
- Introduction to PR Writing
- Content Creation for Social Media
- Advanced PR Writing
- Corporate Communications
- International Public Relations
- Public Relations Strategy Project
- Industry Consulting project
- Introduction to Events
- Event Concepts and Design
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Sports Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Consumer Behaviour
- Event Management and Operations
- Event Venue Management
- Event Financing and Sponsorship
- Sports Law
- Managing Teams
- Managing Sport Facilities
- Business – 2 – Business Marketing
- Marketing and Audience Research
- Digital Marketing Communications
- Events Policy and Strategy
- Health and Advocacy Strategies
- Marketing Strategy
- Strategic Management
Non Specialism Electives
- Understanding Advertising
- Wedding Planning
- Sports Events
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- International Marketing
- Brand and Product Management
Why study with APM College of Business & Communications at Torrens University?
For over 25 years APM College of Business and Communications has been transforming school-leavers into industry-ready professionals!
APM places a strong emphasis on industry involvement to deliver practical business courses that offer students a distinct advantage upon graduation. APM offers recognition from industry for its courses in business, marketing, event management and more
As partners of Torrens University Australia (part of Laureate International Universities) you’ll be automatically connected with over 70 international education providers, including esteemed business schools. Enjoy the many benefits of learning at a dedicated business college and join thousands who have graduated from APM!
APM College of Business and Communication offers their students the option to study online or on campus. Students wishing to enjoy the convenience of online study will receive full access to course materials on demand. Prefer traditional on campus learning? APM have you covered with their fully facilitated campuses and small classroom sizes, giving you the attention and support you need to thrive.
Dedicated Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) support staff are on hand help you be more effective in your study and build your skills. From writing essays and reports to goal setting and exam prep – they’ll guide you through it all (available online and on campus).
Feel like your part of a community when you join their Student Representative Council. The SRC regularly get together to talk about current issues, plan events, brainstorm ways to improve your learning experience and more.