Passionate about the world of sport and recreation? Pursue your dream career with this Bachelor of Business With a Major in Sports Management.
Providing all the practical skills and industry knowledge required to excel in this niche field, this Swinburne Online course leads to a career in professional sports management. The online course covers a wide range of different industry specialisations, preparing you for a role in facility management, event organisation, player management, sponsorship and community development. The coursework will provide you with a background in sport-business law and finance before launching into specific disciplines.
You will gain a thorough understanding of the relationship between the media and sports industry, explore sports culture and history in an Australian context, and be trained to plan and manage sporting events with financial and community development goals. The course also covers marketing and branding of organisations, athletes and teams. This is the ideal course for sports fanatics looking to turn their passions into a viable career path.
Hear what graduates had to say about their Swinburne Online experience.
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements to enrol in this course:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or its equivalent, including units 3 and 4 in English with a minimum score of 25, and meeting the associated minimum ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification; OR
- Significant and relevant work experience
What You’ll Learn
In this sports management course, the subjects you will study include:
- Learning and communicating online
- Sports marketing
- Media, advertising, sport and society
- Events management
- Governance of sports law
- Contemporary issues in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Introduction to business law
- Business and society
- Industry consulting project
- Introduction to sports business management
- Introduction to management
- Sports clubs, facilities and management
- Financial information for decision making
- Introduction to business information systems
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Integrative business practice
You will also need to complete 8 elective units.
Why study with Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.