The Bachelor of Community Health, offered by UniSA Online, prepares students for rewarding careers in community health, policy and wellbeing. You’ll expand your passion for wellness and develop fundamental knowledge that will help you make a difference in the community.
Students begin by developing a solid foundation of knowledge in key areas such as human biology, psychology, mental health and cultural safety, in both national and international settings. You’ll then gain non-clinical community health skills, such as planning, development, implementation and evaluation of community health programs; working with diverse clients; and keeping up-to-date with the changing regulations and technologies.
Students will have the option of specialising in focus areas such as mental health, aged care and disability, and will explore strategies to address the health challenges that diverse communities may face.
The degree combines theoretical knowledge with real-world experience, incorporating expertise from world-class staff as well as industry-focused projects and assessments.
Applicants are required to meet one of the following criteria with a competitive result:
Higher education study
- Successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
Vocational Education Training (VET)
- Completed an award from a recognised training organisation at Certificate IV or above
Work and life experience
- Passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience, or
- Completed a UniSA Foundations Studies program or equivalent, or
- Qualified for Special Entry
Recent secondary education
- Completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
In order to complete your application, we will ask you to provide supporting documents as proof of your prior study or work experience.
What You’ll Learn
In this community health degree, the subjects you may study include:
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning
- The Social World
- Foundations of Human Biology 1
- Psychology Concepts
- Foundations of Human Biology 2
- Exploring Global and National Health
- First Peoples' Health
- Intercultural Communication
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Lifespan Growth and Motor Development
- Professional Communication to Work in the Health Industry
- Foundations of Nutrition and Health
- Health Promotion
- Health Law, Ethics and Policy
- Age Friendly Environments
- Project Management for Health and Wellness
- Public Health
- Supporting Dignity through Enablement
- Disability and Ageing: Diversity and Discrimination
- Case Management for Consumer Directed Care in Disability and Aged Care
- Transition to Employment
- Community Health Project 1
- Community Health Project 2
Why study with UniSA Online?
With a background spanning more than 25 years in online education, you can trust that you'll be getting a high-quality university experience when you Study On Demand with UniSA Online. Considered a leader in the field, UniSA has transformed online learning and is one of Australia's largest online education providers (2016 Department of Education). Select a 100% online course that has been created by academics and experts in online learning, who are focused on giving you the best start on your chosen career path. With all course content and assessments available online, you can Study On Demand, on your terms, on your schedule.
Studying with UniSA Online means you can Study On Demand. You'll gain around the clock personalised support to assist you on your learning journey. Technical issues? Nervous about a looming assessment? Gain on-demand access to their helpful and dedicated team.
Whether you need help with assignments, referencing, administrative or technical support, you’ll have on-demand access to the UniSA Online team who’ll be there to support you, every step of the way.
Students will have access to the UniSA Online ‘Study Help’ hub which is packed with loads of resources, workshops and support services. With online tutor support available seven days a week, you’ll be able to get help when you need it. If you’ve got a question related to your course, you can expect to receive a response in 24 hours. You’ll also be able to retrieve a range of resources through their virtual ‘Ask the Library’ service.
Gain full control over your study and gain a career focused qualification when you learn with UniSA Online!