Start a meaningful new career helping others thrive with this hands-on Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) course from Patrick Careers Academy.
Designed for students seeking to work in community care and support, this course provides the knowledge, skills and experience required to work in person-centred support roles in the aged care or disability sectors, with the empathy and interpersonal skills to make a real difference.
In this course, you’ll learn key aspects of individualised care, including how to follow safe work practices, work with chronic disease, support older people and people with disease or mental illness, and will learn how to work ethically and respectfully to enable clients to lead fulfilling, thriving lives. You’ll have the opportunity to complete 120 hours of practical work experience as part of your studies, ensuring your graduate with workplace-ready skills and relevant hands-on experience.
The introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme offers significant new opportunities for qualified care workers. After completing this course, you’ll be able to seek employment working in individualised care in a variety of support roles, using your skills, knowledge and experience to have a real impact on the lives of others.
There are no prerequisites for this course. This course is available for eligible domestic students.
What You’ll Learn
In this allied health course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health and community services
- CHCCS023 – Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS001 – Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- CHCCCS017 – Provide loss and grief support
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCMHS001 – Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support for people living with dementia
Why study with Patricks Career Academy?
Get on the right pathway to success with a nationally accredited Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Business Administration, Leadership and Management, Marketing or more from Patrick Careers Academy.
With over 9,000 graduates under their belt, you can trust Patrick Careers Academy to give you the thorough training and confidence to succeed. Between 2010 and 2015, Patrick Careers Academy achieved a 95-100% placement rate for Diploma graduates seeking full-time employment or choosing to continue on to university. Discover the Patrick Careers Academy difference today!
Patrick Careers Academy’s philosophy is all about nurturing student’s needs and creating a learner-friendly environment.
They’ve created and enlisted a range of recourses to help make every step of your study journey as seamless as possible. Head to their student info hub, which includes helpful study, tips, student handbook and loads more.