If you’re passionate about making a difference in the lives of people who need it most, this Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015) from BCA National Training Group is the first step in turning your dream into a career.
You’ll learn everything needed to begin a career in community services or social housing, including management, coordination and delivery of personalised services to individuals and groups. With a focus on case management and person-centred approaches to service, this diploma equips you with in-demand skills that will help you seamlessly transition into a community services career.
Gain practical skills while you study! As part of this course, you’ll be required to complete a minimum of 100 hours of work placement, ensuring you have a firm grasp of the realities of your profession before you complete the course.
There are no prerequisites for this course - anyone can apply!
What You’ll Learn
In this community services course, subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCSM004 - Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCSM007 - Undertake case management in a child protection framework.
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 - Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL002 - Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- CHCCSL003 - Facilitate the counselling relationship and process
- CHCCSL007 - Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
Why study with BCA National Training Group?
Community services, education, leadership, business, marketing and more – BCA National Training Group offer recognised courses in it all! Get accredited by BCA and enjoy an award-winning education experience that’s led by trainers who 94% of students have stated as “excellent”.
Whether you’re new to tertiary education or looking to upskill, their range of quality courses have been designed to help you reach your career or educational goals, and will equip you with the confidence and skills to succeed!
So, why should you study with BCA National Training Group? BCA is all about getting you on the path to success and will support you every step of the way. All students have access to a professional learning support team which includes a dedicated Training Coordinator to help manage problems and overcome obstacles; as well as an expert Trainer & Assessor and a Training Officer available both during and outside of typical class hours.