Are you looking for a qualification that will help you take your career in community services to a higher level? Look no further than the Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) (CHC52015) offered by National College Australia.
Completing study at your own pace over a period up to 18 months, you’ll discover what’s involved in the role of a case/service/program manager in the community services sector. You’ll learn how to manage community services work; communicate and collaborate effectively in the workplace setting; design and implement service programs; facilitate responsible behaviours in people with mental health issues; and, of course, manage cases.
Learn when and where it suits you! Enjoy the convenience of studying online with all course material available at a click of a button. Prefer hard copy books? No problem! NCA will post out all books and reading material for you to go over.
As well as self-directed learning, the course also involves a minimum of 120 hours of work placement. You’ll liaise with a work placement coordinator to find the best employers to help you gain valuable hands-on experience in the industry. And once you’ve completed the course, you’ll have a nationally recognised qualification that will help open doors to rewarding case management roles. So don’t wait – take the next step on your journey today!
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Students are required to have access to the internet and a computer. You'll also need basic computer skills, such as using Microsoft Word documents, using the internet, downloading and uploading documents, using a digital camera, and downloading and saving videos.
You are eligible to enrol if you reside in Australia, and are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Unfortunately, NCA does not accept Student Visa 500 through their College as they are not CRICOS registered. NCA will check all other Visas for study eligibility via VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online). A Course Advisor can confirm these details with you.
What You’ll Learn
In this community services course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCCOM003 - Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCDEV002 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCADV002 - Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCCCS009 - Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCSM004 - Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCSM006 - Provide case management supervision
Why study with National College Australia?
Looking to build skills that’ll help make a difference in your community? Turn to the National College Australia (NCA) – they’ve got nationally accredited courses in mental health, aged care, community services and more!
NCA’s user-friendly learning platform makes online study a breeze. Simply log-on and learn at your own pace and convenience. Plus qualified educators will be there to guide you along your learning journey, from start to finish.
Enquire about a course and start studying sooner – a year from now you’d wish you had started today!
With dedicated Course Assessors, Work Placement Specialists and Client Services reps, you can trust that when you study with National College Australia, you’ll be part of a team that is committed to getting you on the right path to success.
Studying online doesn’t mean studying alone; NCA has set up a learning support system that will see you get one-on-one coaching from your Assessor. Plus you’ll get access InPlace - a student work placement system, have flexible study plans and peer support via online student network portals.
NCA has you covered with a range of services to ensure you feel supported every step of the way.