Community services is one of society’s most important sectors. Take your chance to make a difference and boost your career to new heights with a Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015) from National College Australia.
Learn when and where it suits you with up to 18 months to complete the course. Study at your own pace online with all course material available at a click of a button. Prefer hard copy books? No problem! NCA will post out all books and reading material for you to go over.
Through eight core units and eight electives, you’ll cover the cornerstones of community services work, including the design and implementation of service programs, communicating and collaborating with other workers, and best practice in the key areas of mental health, crisis situations and person-centred support.
As well as self-directed study, you’ll also gain invaluable hands-on industry experience through a minimum of 120 hours’ work placement. And once you’re done, the world of community services will become your oyster – you can set out on the career pathway that suits you, or even pursue further study. Whatever you choose, you’ll be well on your way to making a difference in the community and establishing a challenging, rewarding career.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Students are required to have access to the internet and a computer. You'll also need basic computer skills, such as using Microsoft Word documents, using the internet, downloading and uploading documents, using a digital camera, and downloading and saving videos.
You are eligible to enrol if you reside in Australia, and are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Unfortunately, NCA does not accept Student Visa 500 through their College as they are not CRICOS registered. NCA will check all other Visas for study eligibility via VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online). A Course Advisor can confirm these details with you.
What You’ll Learn
In this community services course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCCOM003 - Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCDEV002 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCADV002 - Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCCCS009 - Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCSM004 - Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCCCS003 - Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
Why study with National College Australia?
Looking to build skills that’ll help make a difference in your community? Turn to the National College Australia (NCA) – they’ve got nationally accredited courses in mental health, aged care, community services and more!
NCA’s user-friendly learning platform makes online study a breeze. Simply log-on and learn at your own pace and convenience. Plus qualified educators will be there to guide you along your learning journey, from start to finish.
Enquire about a course and start studying sooner – a year from now you’d wish you had started today!
With dedicated Course Assessors, Work Placement Specialists and Client Services reps, you can trust that when you study with National College Australia, you’ll be part of a team that is committed to getting you on the right path to success.
Studying online doesn’t mean studying alone; NCA has set up a learning support system that will see you get one-on-one coaching from your Assessor. Plus you’ll get access InPlace - a student work placement system, have flexible study plans and peer support via online student network portals.
NCA has you covered with a range of services to ensure you feel supported every step of the way.