Give back to your community with a career that’s deeply rewarding. The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services from TrainSmart Australia equips you with the knowledge, confidence and ability needed to deliver services in social support, housing and other community-based areas.
This nationally accredited course will give you the skills to be able to deliver and manage services for both individuals and groups. You’ll learn how to advise, support and help groups and individuals from all walks of life and different backgrounds.
Opt to log on and learn online or attend a mobile workshop – the choice is yours. Plus, get hands-on experience while you study! You’ll complete 100 hours of work placement in an appropriate organisation as part of your course, ensuring you exit the program with an informed understanding of the community services landscape and the career options available to you.
With an increased demand for qualified professionals, if you’ve been thinking about pursuing a career in community services there’s never been a better time to follow your dream!
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australian year 12 Certificate; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV qualification (or above); OR
- Completion of the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
What You’ll Learn
In this community services course, subjects you may study include:
- CHCCOM003 - Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCCOM004 - Present information to stakeholder groups
- CHCCDE012 - Work within organisation and government structures to enable community development outcomes
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and Promote Diversity
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCDEV003 - Analyse client information for service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL007 - Support counselling clients in decision making processes
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCDEV002 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
Why study with TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.