Choose a career that provides challenges and rewards in equal measure. The Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs (CHC53215) from TrainSmart Australia empowers you to do important work breaking the cycle of addiction in your community.
Harness your natural compassion to help others in your community to improve their lives. Qualified alcohol and drug counsellors are in high demand as dependency continues to be a significant social problem. This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge you’ll need to help your clients make better life choices.
Develop your powers of communication. One of the keys to success in this field is ensuring you can communicate well with individuals and assess their needs effectively. You’ll learn how to develop programs to help those who are addicted to alcohol and drugs, tailored to their personal needs.
Forge a career promoting better health and rehabilitation in the community. This course provides you with simulated practical experience to ensure you enter the workforce confident in your abilities and ready to take on the challenges of the job.
Students of this course may be eligible for Jobs and Skills WA funding. Enquire now to find out more about funding your future.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australian year 12 Certificate; OR
- Hold a Certificate IV qualification (or above); OR
- Completion of the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy
What You’ll Learn
In this counselling course, subjects you may study include:
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCMHS009 - Provide early intervention, health prevention and promotion programs
- CHCPOL003 - Research and apply evidence to practice
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCADV005 - Provide systems advocacy services
- CHCPRP002 - Collaborate in professional practice
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL003 - Facilitate the counselling relationship and process
- CHCCSL007 - Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
- CHCCOM006 - Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCAOD001 - Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCAOD004 - Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCAOD006 - Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCAOD007 - Develop strategies for alcohol and other drugs relapse prevention and management
- CHCAOD008 - Provide advanced interventions to meet the needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCAOD009 - Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in trauma informed care
Why study with TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.