If you’re keen to make a real difference in your career then why not give back and help enrich the lives of those living with a disability! Empower others to achieve greater levels of independence and boost their overall wellbeing when you get qualified with a Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) awarded by MCIE.
Gain the skills and confidence to be able to work in community and residential facilities, providing support to people with disabilities. Study on campus and get hands-on practice at MCIE’s purpose-built, state-of-the-art simulation training rooms.
Upon completion of this qualification, you will have the skills and knowledge to be able to work in a range of health and community services settings.
Gain practical experience and apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios by undertaking 120 hours of work placement.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, however, you will need to go through a pre-training review process to determine if you are suitable for this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this disability course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 - Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 - Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 - Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010 - Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHAGE005 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCCS011 - Provide first aid
Why study with Melbourne City Institute of Education?
Discover a career that really makes a difference and achieve your education goals with help and guidance from the widely recognised, Melbourne City Institute of Education (MCIE).
Their industry renowned training courses have earned them a host of awards and have seen countless students achieve success in community services, aged care and more. When you study with MCIE you’ll not only get the theory side down pat, but their state-of-the-art facility and custom designed training rooms will give you all the hands-on skills you need.
Discover the MCIE difference today!
MCIE is committed to supporting their students throughout every step of their learning journey, which is why they’ve set up a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator, available 24/7 to assist you with whatever you need at any time of day. Their support services will help you around finding job opportunities, accommodation needs and ensuring your general health and wellbeing is on track.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Victoria: Melbourne