Take the first step in an exciting career connecting people and solving problems with this Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Power) Honours course from Edith Cowan University.
Designed for students seeking to start a career in electrical engineering, this qualification offers the essential skills, knowledge and experience required to generate, convert, transmit and distribute electrical power.
Grounded in a basis of mechanics, maths, dynamics and engineering design, this course offers specialised study in the manufacturing, programming and design of energy sources. You’ll study power electronics, electromechanical systems, industrial control, and renewable energy, and have opportunities to link theory and practice with work experience and project-based work.
This course offers opportunities for teamwork, analytical thinking and leadership skill development. You’ll graduate with strong skills in analysis, critical thinking, project management and leadership, helping you to thrive in the exciting and dynamic field of professional electronics engineering.
This qualification is accredited by Engineers Australia and is recognised nationally. If you’re looking for a career in engineering and want to make a difference in your work, this qualification is your next step.
You may be eligible to apply for this course at ECU if you meet the following requirements:
- Hold a minimum indicative ATAR of 82 (or equivalent); OR
- Have undertaken a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) qualification at the appropriate level; OR
- Have previously completed units of study at University level; OR
- Hold a STAT result that meets ECU’s higher entry requirements; AND
- Meet ECU’s English Competency requirements and special admissions requirements (see below).
Please note that School Leaver applicants will require completion of WACE or equivalent.
Special Admissions Requirements: All applicants are required to have Mathematics: Methods ATAR, with equivalents considered, and Physics ATAR or Engineering Studies ATAR, with equivalents considered. It is desirable that all applicants have Mathematics: Specialist ATAR, with equivalents considered.
What You’ll Learn
In this engineering course, the subjects you may study include:
- Introduction to engineering
- Electrical engineering 1A
- Mathematics 1
- Engineering drawing and computer-aided design
- Engineering mechanics
- Mathematics 2
- Materials and manufacturing 1
- Electrical engineering 1B
- Instrumentation and measurement
- Digital electronics
- Engineering innovation and ethics
- Engineering systems
- Engineering dynamics
- Signals and systems
- Analog electronics
- Programming fundamentals
- Communication systems 1
- Electrical networks
- Control systems
- Power systems 1
- Electrical machines and transformers
- Engineering practicum
- Industrial control
- Power systems 2
- Power electronics
- Data communications and computer networks
- Project development
- Engineering honours thesis 1
- Engineering management
- Sustainability and renewable energy
- Engineering project
- Engineering honours thesis 2
- Microprocessor systems
- Principles of industrial maintenance
- Fluid mechanics
- Wireless communication
- Real-time embedded systems
- Propagation and antennas
- Electronic circuit design
- Digital signal processing
- Telecommunication networks
- Robotics 1
- Communication systems 2
- Multivariate calculus
Why study with Edith Cowan University?
Since opening in 1991, Edith Cowan University (ECU) has established itself as the go-to Australian university for a quality learning experience. Students graduate among some of the best in the world and have continued to serve society in many important roles.
ECU produces winners because they are a winner! In 2018 Times Higher Education ranked ECU in the world’s top 150 universities under 50 years old, and the Good Universities Guide has given them a 5-star rating for teaching quality 12 years straight.
From social work, youth work, nutrition, engineering, technology, management and more, ECU offer a host of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that’ll excel your career and expose you to new levels of success. Enquire today and see where an ECU qualification can lead you!
Students feel happy, well supported and well educated when they study with ECU, in fact, in the 2018 QILT survey, Edith Cowan University received the highest student experience rating of all Australian public universities.
When you study with ECU, you’ll have access to expert course advice, counselling, diversity and disability services, transnational and national program support, student success programs, careers and employability services... just to name a few.