Organised, creative and can throw one heck of a party – sound like you? Sounds like you need to pursue a career in event management! Upskilled’s online Diploma in Event Management (SIT50316) is the ideal launch pad for your career in events.
This course will deliver you the training, knowledge and skills to get you industry-ready and capable of working in any number of event management settings – no matter how big or small.
Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform will allow you the convenience to log on and study at your own pace. Cover corse subject including How to lead and manage people; Managing risk; Developing conference programs, plus more, all aimed at giving you a foundational understanding of not only what it takes to be an events manager, but to be an extraordinary one that everyone will seek out for their next soiree.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- English language proficiency (Year 12 English or equivalent); OR
- Obtain a Certificate IV before enrolling in a Diploma level qualification, OR
- Demonstrate appropriate academic standing or workplace experience for the chosen qualification
What You’ll Learn
In this event management course, the subjects you may study include:
- SITXMGT003 - Manage projects
- SITEEVT003 -Coordinate on-site event registrations
- SITXWHS002 - Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITXFIN003 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM003 - Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 - Monitor work operations
- SITXCCS007 - Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXMGT002 - Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITEEVT008 - Manage event staging components
- SITEEVT010 - Manage on-site event operations
- SITEEVT001 - Source and use information on the events industry
- BSBRSK501 - Manage risk
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- SITEEVT006 - Develop conference programs
- SITEEVT007 - Select event venues and sites
- SITEEVT009 - Organise event infrastructure
- CUAEVP501 - Coordinate the installation and dismantling of exhibitions
- CUAFOH501 - Manage front of house services
- SITEEVT002 - Process and monitor event registrations
Why study with Upskilled?
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and accredited courses at a certificate and diploma level. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes.
Upskilled understand the impacts of the digital age and are committed to delivering a premier online training experience that will revolutionise the way you learn. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled, you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.
Upskilled recognise that learning is an interaction. For that reason, they've put in place the right tools that deliver effective skills learning and are interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.