Get set for a fulfilling finance career with Kaplan Professional’s comprehensive online Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance. This is an ideal qualification if you’re a graduate ready to start your career, if you’re already working in finance and are looking to build your specialist knowledge or if you’re considering a career change. If you work in the legal profession and need to gain an understanding of financial services, this course is also an excellent choice.
This graduate certificate provides you with a thorough grounding in financial services skills and knowledge that’ll get you workplace ready. You’ll undertake core subjects in Financial Markets and Economic Principles, Regulation Ethics and Risk Management and Financial Analysis and Validation, and can choose from numerous electives depending on your area of interest, from real estate analysis funding to operational risk management.
With this qualification under your belt, you’ll be ready to apply your skills and knowledge in a range of professional financial contexts, including corporate finance, banking, risk management and compliance.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- An Undergraduate Degree; OR
- A related Advanced Diploma or Diploma; OR
- An unrelated Advanced Diploma or Diploma plus 2 years' related industry experience; OR
- Academic and/or professional qualifications demonstrating the potential to undertake study at this level.
What You’ll Learn
In this finance course, the subjects you may study include:
- FIN101 - Financial Markets and Economic Principles
- FIN102 - Regulation Ethics and Risk Management
- FIN103 - Financial Analysis and Valuation
Elective subjects (choose one elective subject)
Level 200 Electives
- FIN202 - Fundamentals of Asset Valuation
- FIN203 - Fundamentals of Equity Markets
- FIN204 - Fundamentals of Risk
- FIN205 - Business Valuation
- FIN206 - Investment Management
- FIN219 - Operational Risk Management
- FIN231 - Technical Analysis
- FIN251 - Fixed Income Securities
- FIN280 - Financial Modelling
- FIN290 - Business Valuation Application
Level 300 Electives
- FIN306 - Applied Portfolio Management
- FIN322 - Industrial Equity Analysis
- FIN327 - Natural Resource Equities Analysis
- FIN328 - Real Estate Analysis Funding
- FIN330 - Mergers and Acquisitions
- FIN331 - Specialised Techniques in Technical Analysis
- FIN338 - Project Finance
- FIN342 - Applied Corporate Finance
- FIN343 - Market Risk Management
- FIN344 - Credit Risk Management
- FIN351 - The Derivatives Market
Why study with Kaplan Professional?
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of education in financial services and real estate. Kaplan Professional’s internationally renowned programs, personalised study experiences, flexible learning options and range of industry partners, all make them highly respected and distinguished.
Kaplan Professional offers a range of professional qualifications and provides learning solutions to 45,000 people a year. Whether you want to undertake a Certificate, Diploma or Masters, Kaplan Professional has the right course to get you where you want to go!
Kaplan Education Pty Ltd trading as Kaplan Professional (RTO 90116)
Kaplan Professional aim to make your learning journey as seamless as possible and have put together a student advice team to assist and help you out if any challenges come up.
Student advice representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the system, login and password queries, explaining processes around assessments etc., and to offer advice about study pathways and subject selection.
There are also discussion forums where you can direct questions regarding your studies to subject matter experts.