Are you ready to advance your finance career? Kaplan Professional’s Master of Applied Finance can set you on the right path. This leading online course is designed for ambitious finance professionals seeking advanced technical and specialist knowledge, and for professionals in other industries keen to move into the exciting world of finance.
You’ll develop the key skills you’ll need to operate successfully in dynamic local and global markets, including quantitative analysis, which will make you stand out from the crowd when you apply for senior management roles. Play to your strengths and interests by choosing from a selection of majors – Corporate Finance, Financial Risk Management or Investment Analysis – that combine strategic, workplace-relevant learning with a strong academic dimension.
This comprehensive qualification will position you to apply for a range of rewarding finance roles in Australia and overseas. It also encompasses Chartered Financial Analyst learning outcomes – pathways and exemptions are available for those who have already completed, or are looking to complete, the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A related Undergraduate Degree or Graduate Diploma; OR
- An unrelated Undergraduate Degree or Graduate Diploma plus 2 years' related industry experience.
What You’ll Learn
In this finance course, the subjects you may study include:
- FIN101 - Financial Markets and Economic Principles
- FIN102 - Regulation Ethics and Risk Management
- FIN103 - Financial Analysis and Valuation
- FIN201 - Quantitative Applications in Finance*
- KAP001 - Research Project**
*It is recommended that this subject is studied as the second last subject in your Masters program.
**It is recommended that this subject is studied as the final subject in your Masters program.
Elective subjects (choose seven elective subjects, at least two from 300 level)
Level 200 Electives
- FIN202 - Fundamentals of Asset Valuation
- FIN203 - Fundamentals of Equity Markets
- FIN204 - Fundamentals of Risk
- FIN205 - Business Valuation
- FIN206 - Investment Management
- FIN219 - Operational Risk Management
- FIN231 - Technical Analysis
- FIN251 - Fixed Income Securities
- FIN280 - Financial Modelling
- FIN290 - Business Valuation Application
Level 300 Electives
- FIN306 - Applied Portfolio Management
- FIN322 - Industrial Equity Analysis
- FIN327 - Natural Resource Equities Analysis
- FIN328 - Real Estate Analysis Funding
- FIN330 - Mergers and Acquisitions
- FIN331 - Specialised Techniques in Technical Analysis
- FIN338 - Project Finance
- FIN342 - Applied Corporate Finance
- FIN343 - Market Risk Management
- FIN344 - Credit Risk Management
- FIN351 - The Derivatives Market
Why study with Kaplan Professional?
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of education in financial services and real estate. Kaplan Professional’s internationally renowned programs, personalised study experiences, flexible learning options and range of industry partners, all make them highly respected and distinguished.
Kaplan Professional offers a range of professional qualifications and provides learning solutions to 45,000 people a year. Whether you want to undertake a Certificate, Diploma or Masters, Kaplan Professional has the right course to get you where you want to go!
Kaplan Education Pty Ltd trading as Kaplan Professional (RTO 90116)
Kaplan Professional aim to make your learning journey as seamless as possible and have put together a student advice team to assist and help you out if any challenges come up.
Student advice representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the system, login and password queries, explaining processes around assessments etc., and to offer advice about study pathways and subject selection.
There are also discussion forums where you can direct questions regarding your studies to subject matter experts.