Keen to further your career as a financial adviser? Kaplan Professional’s online Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning is an eight-subject postgraduate qualification set at Australian Qualifications Framework Level 8. This course also provides a direct pathway to a Master of Financial Planning.
Designed in conjunction with leading industry experts and advisers, this graduate diploma equips you with practical, workplace-ready financial planning knowledge across key areas such as investment, taxation and estate and succession planning. You’ll also develop essential client relationship and engagement skills that’ll make you stand out from the crowd.
If you haven’t already, you’ll also gain RG146 compliance in generic knowledge, financial planning, insurance, superannuation and securities and managed investments. If you hold a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified Financial Planner or similar designation and are keen to build on your existing knowledge base and work in broader or more specific financial planning positions, this degree is an excellent choice.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- An Undergraduate Degree or Graduate Certificate; OR
- A related Advanced Diploma or Diploma deemed acceptable to Kaplan; OR
- An unrelated Advanced Diploma or Diploma plus 2 years' related industry experience; OR
- Academic and/or professional qualifications demonstrating the potential to undertake study at this level.
What You’ll Learn
In this finance course, the subjects you may study include:
- FPC001 - Economic, Legal and Ethical Context for Financial Planning
- FPC002 - Applied Financial Planning
- FPC003 - Superannuation and Retirement Advice
- FPC004 - Insurance Advice
- FPC005 - Estate and Succession Planning
- FPC006 - Tax and Commercial Law for Financial Planning
- FPC007 - Client Engagement Skills
- FPC008 - Investment Advice
Why study with Kaplan Professional?
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of education in financial services and real estate. Kaplan Professional’s internationally renowned programs, personalised study experiences, flexible learning options and range of industry partners, all make them highly respected and distinguished.
Kaplan Professional offers a range of professional qualifications and provides learning solutions to 45,000 people a year. Whether you want to undertake a Certificate, Diploma or Masters, Kaplan Professional has the right course to get you where you want to go!
Kaplan Education Pty Ltd trading as Kaplan Professional (RTO 90116)
Kaplan Professional aim to make your learning journey as seamless as possible and have put together a student advice team to assist and help you out if any challenges come up.
Student advice representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the system, login and password queries, explaining processes around assessments etc., and to offer advice about study pathways and subject selection.
There are also discussion forums where you can direct questions regarding your studies to subject matter experts.