With the fitness industry continuing to grow at a rapid speed, there is no time like the present to achieve your professional goals as a personal training and fitness instructor with a Bachelor of Applied Fitness course. Offering a rounded overview of the fitness industry, this course provides you with instruction in nutrition, anatomy, physiology, health planning, motivational strategies, biomechanics, kinesiology, exercise and eating plan selection and rehabilitation.
Graduates will have a breadth of knowledge across all aspects of fitness, both practically and professionally. Delivered as on-campus course (with selected subjects studied online) at ACPE, this qualification will ready you for the rigours and challenges of a career within the fitness industry.
To be eligible to enrol in this course, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- A minimum HSC (Higher School Certificate) average of 60 (calculated from the average of the highest 6 units completed) or equivalent; OR
- Hold a qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- Hold an associate diploma or higher from a recognised VET provider; OR
- Have completed at least one year full-time or equivalent in a degree from an Australian university; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified under formal articulation agreements as determined by the ACPE academic board
What You’ll Learn
In this personal training course, the subjects you will study include:
- Understanding health
- Foundation of human biology for fitness
- Fitness principles and programming
- Introduction to responsible fitness management
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise prescription throughout the lifespan
- Small business management – principles for the fitness industry
- Health and activity for diverse populations
- Applied exercise physiology for fitness
- Strength and conditioning
- Introduction to Understanding Sport and Fitness Research
- Principles of health promotion
- Exercise and social development through the lifespan
- IT in fitness
- Fitness industry trends and issues
- Mechanics of prevention and rehabilitation
- Professional Communication
- Professional integrity
- Professional practice and reflection in the fitness industry
- Health, Lifestyle, Disease and Exercise Prescription
- Small business management practices
- Problem based learning: theme of fitness for diverse populations
Why study with Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- New South Wales: Sydney Olympic Park