Become part of a sector that is growing in scope and importance by completing a Bachelor of Health and Movement (Sports) degree. Delivered by the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE), the course is designed to provide you with a high level of training to ensure you’re qualified to work within the growing fields of health and fitness.
Covering key aspects of health, movement, science and sport, you will develop a broad understanding of physical activity services, the importance of physical activity for the wellbeing of individuals and for the community at large.
To be eligible to enrol in this course, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have completed the NSW HSC with minimum average of 65 (calculated from the highest 10 units completed) or equivalent; OR
- A minimum HSC (Higher School Certificate) average of 60 (calculated from the average of the highest 6 units completed) or equivalent; OR
- qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from a TAFE or other recognised VET provider qualification (Students wishing to enter through Certificate IV must have completed Year 11 or equivalent); OR
- One year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian university; OR
- Satisfaction of entry requirements specified under formal articulation arrangements as determined by the ACPE Academic Board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects as a student (for example, relevant work experience and motivation to study), and ineligibility to compete for admission based on the academic achievement criteria (1) to (6)
What You’ll Learn
In this sport health course, the subjects you will study include:
- Understanding health
- Principles of movement
- Sport & the Social Context
- Skill acquisition
- Health: a sociological perspective
- Health priorities for Australia
- Theory and application of playing sport
- Musculoskeletal anatomy and physiology
- Global health
- Applied exercise physiology
- Professional integrity
- Strength and conditioning
- Principles of health promotion
- Exercise prescription throughout the lifespan
- Inclusive physical activity
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Composition and Performance
- Introduction to understanding sport & research
- Athletics and aquatics specialisation
- Sports medicine
- Health, lifestyle disease and exercise prescription
- Leadership through outdoor activities
- Research in action (sport)
Why study with Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- New South Wales: Sydney Olympic Park