Take the next step in becoming a Personal Trainer by studying the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness with the Australian Fitness Academy (AFA)! This course will equip you with all the required knowledge and skills to develop exercise programs and deliver one-on-one Personal Training sessions.
Choose to study at your own pace online, or on campus in Melbourne led by a group of dedicated trainers and assessors, and take your understanding of all things health and fitness to the next level. During this course, you’ll cover how to instruct long-term exercise programs; instruct exercise programs for body composition goals; instruct personal training programs; collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in fitness context and much more. Plus, you’ll get ‘hands-on’ experience with 30 hours of practical work placement.
Prepare to make your mark as a personal trainer and feel the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference to people’s lives.
Study fitness with the Australian Fitness Academy
To be eligible for this course, students must have completed several units from the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness. If you don’t already have the SIS30315 Certificate III, Australian Fitness Academy provides a combined personal trainer course to enable you to obtain both qualifications and become a Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer.
What You’ll Learn
In this fitness course, the subjects you may study include:
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 - Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in fitness context
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSLS408 - Present, secure and support sales solutions
- SISSSTC301A - Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A - Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 - Conduct individualised long term training programs
- SISFFIT012 - Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 - 12 years
Why study with Australian Fitness Academy?
Since 1993, the Australian Fitness Academy (AFA) has been delivering fitness qualifications to aspiring Gym Instructors and Personal Trainers. Get the recognition and confidence to kickstart your career in the fitness industry with the right guidance from AFA.
Whether you choose to study your fitness course online or on campus, you’ll be guided by a group of dedicated trainers and assessors. The staff at the AFA not only have decades of experience under their belt and are highly-regarded experts in their field but also share a passion for equipping you with the knowledge and skills required to make your mark as a Personal Trainer in Australia.
AFA has helped thousands of graduates achieve a fulfilling career in the fitness industry. Are you next? Enquire today!
Whether studying online or face-to-face, you’ll have direct access to AFA’s team of Student Support Officers, which is on hand to help you answer any questions you might have about the course content or assessments. Their support team is dedicated to helping you progress through your studies on your path to success.
“I would really like to thank you all for a wonderful job you have done in assisting me over the last 12 months to complete Certificate 3 and 4. Without the ongoing support, online students would not be able to achieve a qualification in this field of work. Due to the commitment you all put in, it has enabled me to be employed at our local gym and assist in the training of our local rugby league team for next year’s competition.” – AFA graduate, Kiara.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Victoria: Melbourne