An excellent introduction to the health and fitness industry, this Diploma of Applied Fitness from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) gives you a deeper understanding of the foundations of human health and exercise.
You’ll gain a deeper understanding of the industry requirement, plus this course also includes a primer on small business management in the fitness industry, giving you the tools you need to launch your own fitness enterprise.
This course offers a blended learning experience, so you can enjoy their host of awesome facilities on campus in Sydney Olympic Park, as well as study a few modules at your own pace, online.
Why wait to make the leap to a new industry? Enquire about this recognised Diploma and get qualified in just one year!
To study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum HSC average of 60 or equivalent; OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from TAFE or another VET provider; OR
- 1 year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified by ACPE board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects for admission if ineligible for admission based on academic achievement.
Alternate entry pathways may be available for applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria. Enquire now to find out more.
What You’ll Learn
In this fitness course, subjects you may study include:
- Understanding Health
- Foundation of Human Biology for Fitness
- Fitness Principles and Programming
- Introduction to Responsible Fitness Management
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy & Physiology
- Exercise Prescription Throughout the Lifespan
- Small Business Management - Principles for the Fitness Industry
Why study with Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- New South Wales: Sydney Olympic Park