Studying with AIPT means you’ll graduate industry-ready.
Designed to help you make an immediate start in the fitness industry, the Complete Personal Trainer^ (SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry requirements) course will give you an edge over other fitness professionals. Delivered by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers, this course is taught through a mix of online theory and hands-on experience to give you the flexibility and real-world skills needed to excel in the competitive fitness industry.
Haven’t got a Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315)? Don’t fret…. this course will equip you with the necessary knowledge and competencies required to work as a Personal Trainer. You will start with the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness compulsory units before launching into the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. In the Complete Personal Trainer course, you’ll cover the fundamentals of fitness plus an understanding of the latest in healthy eating trends, motivational psychology and the essentials of small business planning.
You can choose from three different delivery modes for the practical element. The online component is delivered through a bespoke learning management system:
1. Face to Face On-Campus – Complete PT
52 hours face-to-face practical delivered on-campus with theory components completed online, in your own time.
2. AIPT Mentor – Complete PT
40 hours of face-to-face practical completed with an AIPT Mentor, a qualified Personal Trainer, who will guide you through your course material and provide you with hands-on experience, with theory components completed online, in your own time.
3. Student Selected Mentor – Complete PT
Choose your own mentor* to guide you through 40 hours of face-to-face practical. Theory components are completed online, in your own time.
*Your chosen Mentor must be approved by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
Graduate Placement guarantee+
When you enrol in SIS40215Certificate IV in Fitness with select Goodlife Health Clubs, Genesis Fitness Clubs, Core 24 Health Clubs and Club Lime, you will be given the opportunity to work as an independent contractor in one of these leading gym network partners within six months of graduation.
^The Complete Personal Trainer Program consists of the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry Requirements.
~Terms and conditions apply to the Graduate Placement Guarantee. Enquire now for more information.
Studying with AIPT means you'll graduate industry-ready.
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. This can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system - Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser - Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser - latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
First Aid Certificate
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness has a mandatory pre-requisites of holding a valid First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 Provide first aid) before commencement. This qualification needs to be completed through an external third party, and the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) which provides First aid Training to AIPT students at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is an independent third party training provider. AIPT acknowledges this is not the only Third Party Provider able to deliver accredited First Aid Training and students are encouraged to find the right provider for them.
Working with Children Check
In order to complete your practical component, you must hold a current “working with children check” (card) issued by the relevant government department in the state or territory in which you will undertake this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this personal training course, the units of competency you will study include:
SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness compulsory units + SIS401215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT001 - Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 - Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT002 - Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT025 - Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISSSTC301A - Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A - Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT012 - Instruct movement programs to children aged 5–12 years
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13–17 years
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISXCCS003 - Address Client Needs
Why study with Australian Institute of Personal Trainers?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip their students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside their partner Registered Training Organisation, Foundation Education, they have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide. When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations
We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options
AIPT caters to all learning styles and offers flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules and budget, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies as an AIPT student, you will have complete access to their expert education team – a group of mentors who are dedicating to answering any of your questions or study queries. Mentors are seasoned fitness professionals with years of experience in the industry and can be contacted via email, online or over the phone. As an AIPT student, you will also have access to the My eCampus learning portal where you will be able to download course content and submit assessments.