Help fight some of society’s most urgent challenges and grow your leadership potential by studying this Master of Public Health course.
Responding to our most critical healthcare problems, public health considers the systems, structures and policies that deliver and determine health care. By studying this course, you’ll develop the knowledge and skills required to work professionally as a leader in the public health sector.
In this course, you’ll study the current global and environmental health issues, health policy, health systems and economics, and consider social, behavioural and cultural determinants of health. You’ll analyse financial, legal and economic health policies, apply intervention strategies and management the teams that execute them, and identify, assess and communicate population health information to a wide range of audiences.
To maximise flexibility, this course is delivered entirely online. Students have access to experienced success coaches in order to maximise learning outcomes.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a bachelor degree or above in any discipline from an Australian institution or a recognised equivalent qualification and 3 years of relevant work experience; OR
- Hold a Graduate Certificate of Public Health from Torrens University Australia (or from another institution if deemed equivalent) plus additional 7 years of relevant work experience.
International students are also required to demonstrate English language proficiency to equivalent IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with no skill band less than 6.0.
What You’ll Learn
In this health administration course, the subjects you may study include:
- Applied research project in public health
- Program design, implementation and evaluation
- Community health and disease prevention
- Statistics for public health
- Leadership and effecting change in public health
- Social, behavioural and cultural factors in public health
- Health systems and economics
- Health policy and advocacy
- Global and environmental health issues
- Qualitative research methods for public health
- Public health informatics
Why study with Torrens University Australia?
Torrens University Australia brings together some of the country’s most regarded tertiary institutes across industries like business, design, public health, hospitality, and sports management.
Studying with Torrens means learning from the industry’s best and brightest minds through cutting-edge syllabuses and small classroom environments. By becoming a Torrens student, you will not only have access to Torrens’ state-of-the-art campuses across the nation, you’ll also get to leverage Torrens status as a Laureate International University, and be able to access a global network of over 70 universities across 25 countries.
Torrens schools include; APM College of Business and Communication, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Chifley Business School, Media Design School, Real Madrid Graduate School, Southern School of Natural Therapies and William Blue College of Hospitality.
Torrens Dynamic Online Learning mode means you can study at your own pace. By providing you with on-demand access to course materials and content, you can study when you want, where you want.
Torrens also runs Touch-Point weekend sessions that allow you to hear from industry professionals, chat to lecturers and expand your network.
Torrens students will also have access to Torrens Success Coaches, who will help you align your strengths and learning with your goals. From the moment you are admitted to your course, a Success Coach will be available to help you successfully navigate the educational landscape and build your personal and professional skills.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: