This online Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (ICT60115) course is the ideal program for ICT professionals keen to qualify for more senior management positions. Offered by Upskilled, who is a program member of the Microsoft IT Academy, the course takes a blended learning approach to give students the technical skills and theoretical knowledge needed to succeed in senior ICT roles.
The program has also been structured to allow students to build upon their current management skills, as well as to tailor electives to their individual career needs. It incorporates a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral and Upskilled workshops to ensure your training encompasses the full breadth of knowledge required of any effective ICT practitioner.
Four core training categories are covered, including core infrastructure, continuity and security, continuous improvement, and service delivery and governance. The core infrastructure training cluster is ideal for system administrators, and covers both server and workstation platforms. Some of the concepts that you can expect to delve into include storage technologies, network access protection, server security, network protocols and basic backup and restore principles. These outcomes are particularly relevant to platforms like Microsoft, Novell, Linux and UNIX. Under the continuity and security subject stream, you’ll learn how to ensure business systems are set up properly, available for staff and running smoothly.
The skills learnt in this cluster are broad and transferrable across systems like files and print servers. The systems continuous improvement module focuses on giving you the skills to offer solutions and alternatives to business managers to improve productivity in the workplace. Finally, the service delivery and governance cluster covers ITIL and industry best practices when it comes to IT service management. You’ll learn how to interact effectively with clients, ensure consistency of support and solve incidents and problems that commonly arise in the workplace.
Anyone can apply, however the preferred pathway for candidates includes:
- Successful completion of any ICA11 or ICT10 diploma or advanced diploma; OR
- Vocational experience in an IT role or as a senior network engineer
What You’ll Learn
In this information technology course, the units of competency you may study include:
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- ICTICT610 – Manage copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTPMG609 – Plan and direct complex ICT projects
- ICTICT608 – Interact with clients on a business level
- ICTSUS601 – Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
- ICTSAS601 – Implement change-management processes
- ICTICT602 – Develop contracts and manage contracted performance
- ICTSAD605 – Elicit ICT requirements
- ICTPMG606 – Manage ICT project quality
- BSBMGT608 – Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- ICTSAD504 – Implement quality assurance processes for business solutions
- BSBINN601 – Lead and manage organisational change
- ICTICT606 – Develop communities of practice
- ICTICT601 – Develop ICT strategic and action plans
- ICTSAD505 – Develop technical requirements for business solutions
- ICTICT508 – Evaluate vendor products and equipment
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Why study with Upskilled?
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and accredited courses at a certificate and diploma level. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes.
Upskilled understand the impacts of the digital age and are committed to delivering a premier online training experience that will revolutionise the way you learn. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled, you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.
Upskilled recognise that learning is an interaction. For that reason, they've put in place the right tools that deliver effective skills learning and are interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.