Ideally suited to ICT professionals looking to specialise, this Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Business Analysis (ICT60315) course is the perfect platform to kick-start your career as a business analyst. Offered online by Upskilled, who is a program member of the Microsoft IT Academy, and delivered through a blended learning approach, the 12-month course covers a range of key competencies and is broken up into four modular clusters that include business analysis, IT analysis, communication management and change management.
Under the business analysis module, you will learn how to work with a variety of businesses to help them best utilise their IT systems. Broad concepts covered under this module include ethics, copyright, business strategy and planning for analysis. The IT analysis units cover foundational analysis skills that are specific to IT environments, and uses ITIL as a framework for industry best practice, while the change management module covers change methodologies and transition strategies.
Finally, the communication management module focuses on giving students superior interpersonal and communication skills. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be qualified to work in a range of business analyst roles which may include working as a business systems analyst, requirements analyst and project manager.
Anyone can apply, however the preferred pathway for candidates includes:
- Successful completion of any ICT Diploma qualification or other relevant diploma; OR
- Vocational experience in a senior IT or IT systems role.
What You’ll Learn
In this information technology course, the units of competency you may study include:
- ICTSAD607 – Manage assessment and validation of ICT solutions
- ICTICT610 – Manage copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTSAD603 – Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
- ICTPMG609 – Plan and direct complex ICT projects
- ICTICT608 – Interact with clients on a business level
- ICTSAD604 – Manage and communicate ICT solutions
- ICTSAD605 – Elicit ICT requirements
- ICTSAD601 – Perform ICT-focused enterprise analysis
- ICTSAD606 – Analyse stakeholder requirements
- ICTPRG602 – Manage the development of technical solutions from business specifications
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- ICTICT601 – Develop ICT strategic and action plans
- BSBMGT608 – Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBINN601 – Lead and manage organisational change
- ICTSAD505 – Develop technical requirements for business solutions
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Why study with Upskilled?
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and accredited courses at a certificate and diploma level. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes.
Upskilled understand the impacts of the digital age and are committed to delivering a premier online training experience that will revolutionise the way you learn. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled, you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.
Upskilled recognise that learning is an interaction. For that reason, they've put in place the right tools that deliver effective skills learning and are interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.