The Diploma of Information Technology (ICT50115) course offered by Upskilled will give you the technical training and computing skills to start your career in the ICT industry. Studying this course, you will learn how to provide information and communications technology (ICT) support to small-to-medium enterprises.
You will gain a broad overview of general ICT skills, including networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
Qualify for tomorrow with Upskilled's Diploma of Information Technology
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
What You’ll Learn
In this IT course, the subjects you will study include:
- ICTICT509 – Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTICT511 – Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- BSBWHS501 – Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBSUS501 – Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- ICTPMG501 – Manage ICT projects
- ICTICT508 – Evaluate vendor products and equipment
- ICTNWK524 – Install and configure network access storage devices
- ICTSAS518 – Install and upgrade operating systems
- ICTICT502 – Develop detailed component specifications from project specifications
- ICTSAS503 – Perform systems tests
- ICTSAS517 – Use network tools
- ICTNWK525 – Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTWEB429 – Create a markup language document to specification
- ICTWEB504 – Build a document using eXtensible markup language
- ICTNWK531 – Configure an internet gateway
- ICTICT504 – Confirm transition strategy for a new system
- ICTNWK526 – Install an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTNWK527 – Manage an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTTEN514 – Install, configure and test a server
- ICTSUS501 – Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Why study with Upskilled?
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and accredited courses at a certificate and diploma level. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes.
Upskilled understand the impacts of the digital age and are committed to delivering a premier online training experience that will revolutionise the way you learn. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled, you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.
Upskilled recognise that learning is an interaction. For that reason, they've put in place the right tools that deliver effective skills learning and are interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.