On completion of this online course from Upskilled, you’ll walk away with two diploma level degrees – a Diploma of Information Technology Systems Administration and Diploma of Information Technology (ICT50315 & ICT50115).
Systems administrators form the backbone of all ICT support and maintenance departments, from small-to-medium size enterprises to the largest global conglomerates. This course will hone your systems administration skills by providing in-depth training in areas such as core infrastructure, security and service delivery.
The IT industry is a growth industry and presents lucrative opportunities to the best operators in their fields. This course arms you with the extensive skills and training on industry-standard environments, putting you in a great position to succeed and capitalise on these opportunities with prospective employers.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
What You’ll Learn
In this IT course, the subjects may will study include:
- BSBWHS501 – Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBSUS501 – Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- ICTICT509 – Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTICT511 – Match IT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- ICTICT418 – Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTNWK513 – Manage system security
- ICTSAS406 – Implement and hand over system components
- ICTSAS502 – Establish and maintain client user liaison
- ICTSAS505 – Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- ICTSAS512 – Review and manage delivery of maintenance services
- ICTSAS515 – Manage the testing process
- ICTTEN516 – Produce technical solutions from business specifications
- ICTNWK526 – Install an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTNWK525 – Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTNWK524 – Install and configure network access storage devices
- ICTNWK527 – Manage an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTNWK531 – Configure an internet gateway
- ICTICT504 – Confirm transition strategy for a new system
- ICTSAS518 – Install and upgrade operating systems
- ICTSAS517 – Use network tools
- ICTICT502 – Develop detailed component specifications from project specifications
- ICTWEB429 – Create a markup language document to specification
- ICTWEB504 – Build a document using eXtensible markup language
- ICTICT508 – Evaluate vendor products and equipment
- ICTSUS501 – Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
- ICTTEN514 – Install, configure and test a server
- ICTSAS503 – Perform systems tests
- ICTPMG501 – Manage ICT projects
- ICTNWK505 – Design, build and test a network server
- ICTNWK509 – Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
- ICTNWK501 – Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Why study with Upskilled?
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and accredited courses at a certificate and diploma level. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes.
Upskilled understand the impacts of the digital age and are committed to delivering a premier online training experience that will revolutionise the way you learn. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled, you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.
Upskilled recognise that learning is an interaction. For that reason, they've put in place the right tools that deliver effective skills learning and are interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.